Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: It was a new of information for me

Name
    Pamela
    Thanks

It was a new of information for me

Yesterday, on my way to the office, I noticed a group of people removing a dead wild animal. You may think what is unusual in this act. Last week, I saw a dead animal in my housing area. I found it very difficult to remove the wastes. I came to know that there are a lot of wildlife infestation and prevention services. I came to know about the animal wildlife control at Toronto. It was really a new information for me.
    My colleague told me that a lot of services are active in our locality for removing wildlife animals. We can use these kinds of services if we really need to prevent any type of animal attacks. We cannot relocate animals, this will not solve the problem. They will return. Under Fish And Wildlife Conservation Act, wildlife relocation should be regulated and animals should be released unharmed. So, a proper method must be initiated for preventing their attacks. But my question is that, is this service expensive? Is it guaranteed? If it is known to you, can anyone please respond to me?
    Last edited by Kiara; 06-24-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: It was a new of information for me

Our Fish and Wildlife Department here relocates some animals but not all. They say that relocating them does not always work because some animals are very protective of the place they are and will kill the relocated animal. It does not cost anything here to have Fish and Wildlife get a injured animal to help it or pick up a dead animal either.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

We once had a raccoon along with her four kits in our fireplace. Where I live, we are about 30 yards from a river that is a branch to Lake St. Clair in Southeast Michigan. We had a company called Critter Control come out and they placed trap cages on each side of the chimney. The traps were baited with hot dogs and Kentucky Fried Chicken. The company would not take the babies without momma, so once mom was trapped in the cage, the critter guy crawled into our fireplace and removed the four kits above the damper. The raccoon family was relocated to a rural area. We had to pay for the service since our city doesn't handle wild animals. It will only handle the removal of domestic animals such as dogs and cats... The service cost us about $400 (ouch), but the company we did use is very reputable and do not harm the wild animals at all.. They just relocate them. The company also gives you a copy of their permit to trap and relocate the wildlife too.

I suggest that you call the province or the city where you live to find out if your town offers these services.
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Pamela
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pipers Mom View Post
    We once had a raccoon along with her four kits in our fireplace. Where I live, we are about 30 yards from a river that is a branch to Lake St. Clair in Southeast Michigan. We had a company called Critter Control come out and they placed trap cages on each side of the chimney. The traps were baited with hot dogs and Kentucky Fried Chicken. The company would not take the babies without momma, so once mom was trapped in the cage, the critter guy crawled into our fireplace and removed the four kits above the damper. The raccoon family was relocated to a rural area. We had to pay for the service since our city doesn't handle wild animals. It will only handle the removal of domestic animals such as dogs and cats... The service cost us about $400 (ouch), but the company we did use is very reputable and do not harm the wild animals at all.. They just relocate them. The company also gives you a copy of their permit to trap and relocate the wildlife too.

I suggest that you call the province or the city where you live to find out if your town offers these services.
    Thank you for the information

Name
    Pamela
    Thanks

Thank you for your response

Remove Ads