Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parakeet breeding help

Ali Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Re: Parakeet breeding help

Ok thank you but I need to to update you because a lot happened today in the morning the female was still laying on the eggs later that afternoon I seen her out of the nestbox so I immediately removed the roof of the cage then they both flew out and then I removed the nest box and put the birds back and then candeled all the the gas in another room revealing that they are all infertle. So then I planed to keep them in this cage for a week or 2 then move them to a large cage and put the nest box back in and hopefully have a successful hatch of eggs. Later that day I noticed a small lump near her bottom thought immediately it was a stuck egg but I olny seems for half a second before she moved so I didn’t get a real look. But she is still pooping fine and looks like she’s not in pain do you think it’s a eggs. Is it normal for that to happen immediately after a clutch or is it an egg do you know a possibile way to calm a bird upside down or something to see what it is and go from their all vets near me are closed until Monday so I don’t really know and hopeing you can help thank you so much for all your help also how long could of this been in sinse her last eggs was over 10 days ago
    Last edited by Dakroub1; 07-14-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Ali Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Re: Parakeet breeding help

Update I got the budgie to calm down and inspect the area did not seem like a egg I felt around look closely just a little fat but no e egg thankfully

Remove Ads