Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

Teenager
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

I can only suggest that you follow the instructions of a good avain vet and do what you can at home to help your bird. I hope your bird improves on that wing.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Birdmanca View Post
    I can only suggest that you follow the instructions of a good avian vet and do what you can at home to help your bird. I hope your bird improves on that wing.
    Yes, she is doing well and she had recovered almost. She raised 7 chicks. and all are doing well. Thanks

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Do not overfeed calcium. Too much calcium can affect their kidneys. If you have a good seed mix, and the liquid vitamins, along with the fresh foods and cuttlebone, that should be sufficient.

Just pretend the dummy egg is the real one. Have plenty of dummy eggs available. One main goal for you is to remove the nest box after the babies are out-out of a nest in their own cage. Even if the hen laid eggs in the nest box again, remove them. ( place on the cage floor corner as follows. And when the hen lays again, then begin using the dummy eggs, but place them on the cage bottom in a corner, on a piece of folded paper towel. Let her nest there. Nest boxes encourage egg laying. Also, feed no soft foods, and be sure hen gets at least 10-12 hours of sleep each night. Also, do not feed egg food, or boiled eggs either. Eggs encourage hormones to uptick and laying eggs.
    Ok, sure I will keep this in mind for calcium part.

yes, I removed the nest box. and also giving less soft food and no egg food as well. They slept at 7 Pm night and wake up in the morning at 6 and again they slept in the afternoon time from 2 pm to 5 pm.

Hope this will work.

Thanks

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Hello Guys,

Hope you and all your birds are doing well.

After a molt of Sweety, she got new feathers and came to know that she is pearl pide lutino. Isn't it beautiful!!!

here are some pictures of her.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 1,255 Posts

Yesssssss!!!!! She is beautiful!!!! I love the pearlies and the Lutino mutation.

Name
    Gill
    Thanks

Wow. I have just sat here and read this whole thread from the first opening post about your cockatiel with her damaged wing, right through to the end here. I bet its taken the best part of a couple of hours. Absolutely fascinating. You have so much patience Premal. The baby birds are so cute and so too of course their parents. All beautiful birds. This was all so interesting. Good luck with all your birds and I hope you find homes for some of the birds with owners who are as loving, patient and caring as you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Millybob View Post
    Wow. I have just sat here and read this whole thread from the first opening post about your cockatiel with her damaged wing, right through to the end here. I bet its taken the best part of a couple of hours. Absolutely fascinating. You have so much patience Premal. The baby birds are so cute and so too of course their parents. All beautiful birds. This was all so interesting. Good luck with all your birds and I hope you find homes for some of the birds with owners who are as loving, patient and caring as you.
    Thank you so much I did my best. They are really doing great. Soon i will make some changes for my room and give them more bigger cage.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Guys, I have one more Question.

Here, in Gujarat, India, Summer is going on. The temperature level may go up to 45 - 50 degree Celcius. So, Some time I put Cooler in their room to maintain temp.

My Questions are :

1) What should be the minimum and maximum temperature for cockatiels?
    2) What should be the maximum and minimum Humidity level for cockatiels?
    3) is Cooler is good for them or not?

Thank you in Advance Hope I can give them a better and better life day by day.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

You might try googling .....what outside and inside weather temperature in the summer months is safe for caged cockatiels and their babies,. In India.Here in the Midwest America, summer temps in my hometown can reach upwards of 90 to 98F. I would not allow my caged birds outside at all, if temps are higher than 70-75 degrees, and I would keep them out of the sun. Inside, I often run my air conditioner. I always keep my two inside bird cages covered with a light weight throw or towel, three sides, with front side open, during the day, and at night cover their cages 4 sides, to keep the air conditioner drafts from them.
    Last edited by maxollie; 04-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

I just wanted to thank you for such an intriguing thread. The link that shows lots of different bird collars.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Update

Sweety was ill before a week. She had conjunctivitis. I rushed to the vet in another city. He gave her medicine and eye ointment. I applied to tries a day. Now she seems fine. She is diagnosed with some digestive issue and gave here some medicines for that. But she seems not eating since last 3 days so i took her for hand feeding. twise a day, i am feeding here. Hope she will be fine soon.

Apart from that, I want to ask you, one question guys.

What can we do to boost cockatiel's immune system?

Some times I think about this that maybe her immune system is not that much good and that's why she keeps going in that phase. Any natural way or any medical way if you guys know please let me know.

Thank you,

Happy Chirping

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I'm so sorry Sweetie has been ill. I will think healing thoughts for her complete recovery.

I feel that fresh green veggies are the best product to boost immunity. You may know that as humans, that is a best way to raise our own immunity as well.

Also, try feeding her some boiled sweet potato, carrots, and or yellow and butternut squash. I would use a separate food cup or plate and arrange the veggies and boiled veggies so she and the others can eat the mix as well. Soft foods do encourage hormones, so I would feed them a couple of times s week. But the fresh greens should be fed every day.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am sorry that Sweety is sick. Poor little girl has gone through so much and she seems to get well with you help every time. I think I might have posted about Herbal salad on this post to you but not sure but it is something that is great for birds. You might not be able to buy it from where you live but perhaps you can look at the list of herbs in it and find these certain herbs where you live. I fed it to Boomer when he had all his issues and he loved it and I liked the fact he was eating good for him herbs and they were not making him sick like so many other things he ate did. Here is the link to the herbal bird salad so you can see which herbs might help with sweeties problems. http://www.twinbeaksaviary.com/herbsalad.html

Like Ellen said veggies are super good for birds as well and so is a good clean diet of good seeds and grains. Our avian vet here fed all the birds in her care that had to stay at the office a nice fresh chopped salad with different leaf lettuce and greens and she said most of the birds loved it.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Thank you so much, Guys @maxollie and @boomerGirl. Sure I will try to do as per you instructed. I will find herbs for her.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Hey, Guys Hope you and All Your birds are doing well.

Here is an update of Sweety.

Before a few days ago, my vet found that she has a special psychological problem. She was rescued from the breeding center. Due to that environment, she is not adopting any toys anything. I tried to take away her nestbox to stop breeding. but then she suffered from psychological trauma and she has been very inactive. So we gave her nest box again and she is active again.

Right now there are two babies and two more eggs.

My main concern is what to do if I want to stop her breeding and divert her thinking in another way. as I don't want to stop her natural ways but I just want to stop her not to lose her health.

My vet said that if we didn't give her nestbox then again she will start plucking and removing her feathers. Well, she is too much afraid of all type of toys. I tried to give her many types of toys.

If you guys have any clue about this please let me know what to do here.

Thank you so much, guys.

Remove Ads