Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

Quote Originally Posted by DarvinLovebird View Post
    Oh ... The wing doesnt look good
    Good that she is wearing collar so the injury will has chance to heal.
    If there is no peace of broken feather maybe this medicine irritates her? That's why she is touching there...

You can give her spinch, broccoli, carrot, boiled sweet potato, boiled corn, apple, bananas, mango.
    Yes, I checked twice there is no peace of blood feather or broken feather. mainly she may have mites.but don't know exactly. Another thing is when she starts inching at the injured area she has not any blood. But soon after due to her biting blood starts.
    Well, she is wearing a collar, maybe that will help her to stop itching at that area though she continuously trying to remove the collar. I hope she'll become used to it and starts eating well.

For the fruits and vegs, she just started eating coriander leaves, mint leaves, french beans other than I tried to give her banana, mango, carrot but she refused to eat it. So I will try with sweet potatoes and other veggies.

Hope that she will recover soon and live long.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Oh ... The wing doesnt look good
    Good that she is wearing collar so the injury will has chance to heal.
    If there is no peace of broken feather maybe this medicine irritates her? That's why she is touching there...

You can give her spinach, broccoli, carrot, boiled sweet potato, boiled corn, apple, bananas, mango.
    Great news. Today when I take her to apply for medicines, there was no blood on feathers or at that injured area. She wearing the collar and can't touch that area. I hope now the wounds will heal faster.

I can see the difference now. Due to the collar, she didn't itch that area so today there is no blood on feathers even when I apply medicine there was no blood at that area. Just she didn't eat. so I removed collar for 1 hour and allow her to eat. and she eat lots of seeds in that time. After that i again dressed up her collar.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

This is great!! You might need to take her collar off more often and watch her while she eats and drinks. I hope in time she will feel good enough to not pick her feathers.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    This is great!! You might need to take her collar off more often and watch her while she eats and drinks. I hope in time she will feel good enough to not pick her feathers.
    Yes, I do have to that more often. Well but she seems good by the time. though she scratching the collar continuously soon she will get rid of it after injuries heal.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Hello Guys,

Good news. She is recovering a lot better. Today there is no blood on wings. today I clean the wound with saline solution, i can see the pink skin on her wings. and even some pin feathers are there. extremely happy. here are some pics of her feathers taken by tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/Dli86Q8

https://imgur.com/a/7gNiCwy

https://imgur.com/a/T7lXQkb

https://imgur.com/a/Xl84T0X

https://imgur.com/a/QHZ0vNE

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am so happy she is wearing her cone and not chewing on her wing anymore. It does look better but still not looking great and it may take it a long time for it to heal up. I wonder if she had a night fright and bashed the end of her wing on the bars and broke some of the feathers way up top where they come in? I really do hope there is not a tiny feather shaft up into her skin that is still there. In time she will molt the feathers and hopefully all of this will just go away when she gets the new feathers in. You are doing a great job keeping her from chewing them and keeping them nice and clean. Saline water is good for infections and good for healing.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

I am so happy she is wearing her cone and not chewing on her wing anymore. It does look better but still not looking great and it may take it a long time for it to heal up. I wonder if she had a night fright and bashed the end of her wing on the bars and broke some of the feathers way up top where they come in? I really do hope there is not a tiny feather shaft up into her skin that is still there. In time she will molt the feathers and hopefully, all of this will just go away when she gets the new feathers in. You are doing a great job keeping her from chewing them and keeping them nice and clean. Saline water is good for infections and good for healing.
    Thank you well she is constantly trying to remove the collar. but at the end, she can't remove and she being busy with it so she didn't itch. I don't know whether her feathers way up top or not but I can see two blood feathers with little damage. tomorrow I will go to one of my friend who has many cockatiels, might be she can help with it. if it's broken blood feather then we will remove it. and if any other injuries we found then we will be going to take her to another city where the vet is available. let's see hope for the best.

Thanks

I'm happy to hear so good news!
    I hope she will be fine soon and future for her will be without any injuries.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Taylor
    Thanks

oh no thats terrible! cant you get her to a vet! the poor thing! good luck! so sorry you've had to go through this!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I hope your friend and you find the feathers and are able to get them out. That is great there is a vet by your friends house to take her too. You really have done such great working helping her heal. Without you making her the cine and keeping her wing clean with medicine she never would have loved through this. Keep us updated and keep on doing what your doing.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

I'm happy to hear so good news!
    I hope she will be fine soon and future for her will be without any injuries.
    Thank you so much for your prayers and wishes she will be fine soon hopping that

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Budgie View Post
    oh no thats terrible! cant you get her to a vet! the poor thing! good luck! so sorry you've had to go through this!
    I know I have to take her to the vet but unfortunately, there is no bird vet in my city. so I have to take those steps. she recovered so well. hope she will be fully recovered and will be able to let her free fly.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

I hope your friend and you find the feathers and are able to get them out. That is great there is a vet from your friends' house to take her too. You really have done such great working helping her heal. Without you making her the cine and keeping her wing clean with medicine she never would have loved through this. Keep us updated and keep on doing what your doing.
    Sure I will try my level best to keep her healthy. I have to take care of her and I will promise. I will take her to my friend on Saturday or on Sunday. hope we can give her more relief. Here are today's pictures and progress of injury. Though i got lil blood today but there is no wounds now and no much more cut on wings. and she is wearing her collar also sho she is not itching that part. hope she will be get back to her original look in few days or months.

All the things I don't know now is some feather has strong dead blood clotted, I don't know how to remove them. though I use saline solution to clean her but still those blood are not removing. If anybody can help that would be great.

https://imgur.com/a/pvlwib1

https://imgur.com/a/nO9fFW2

https://imgur.com/a/yfvSktj

https://imgur.com/a/eHZt4lL

https://imgur.com/a/NV0vrJJ

https://imgur.com/a/8Icva1P

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

UPDATE: 23rd July 2018

Hello Guys, I yesterday visited one of my friends' friend farm. he took my cockatiel with him for a few days. And we plucked two blood feathers from her wings. and they were miserably broken. and we clipped her wings for further damage. hope she will get good health and come back as soon as possible with healthy and chirping energy.

Thank you all for your support guys.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

This is great you got the broken feathers out. Hopefully with your friends help she will heal up and be normal again

Remove Ads