Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 1,263 Posts

Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

Here is another possibility. Name of website is Australian National Cockatiel Society. It will bring up the home page. You can also click on this link below. That brings up several different information links for the website.

http://www.cockatielsociety.org.ac/c..._mutations.htm
    Last edited by maxollie; 11-22-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Here is another possibility. Name of website is Australian National Cockatiel Society. It will bring up the home page. You can also click on this link below. That brings up several different information links for the website.

http://www.cockatielsociety.org.ac/c..._mutations.htm
    Thank you so much for the help

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Guys have a Question. My Male cockatiel is not whistling since days. any clue or idea why is that so? he is all fine working very well. eating well playing well. but not whistling.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

My thought is that now he has paired up with the female, he is not so interested in whistling, because that is what we call flock calling and mate calling. And he is content for now to be with female. I would say once the eggs hatch, and the new babies are growing and thriving, he will begin whistling again! In fact, he could start it again anytime, even before the eggs hatch. As long as you do not see signs of illness, such as loose poops, !sthsrgy, excessive sleeping, and being all fluffed I would say you do not need to worry.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

My thought is that now he has paired up with the female, he is not so interested in whistling, because that is what we call flock calling and mate calling. And he is content for now to be with female. I would say once the eggs hatch, and the new babies are growing and thriving, he will begin whistling again! In fact, he could start it again anytime, even before the eggs hatch. As long as you do not see signs of illness, such as loose poops, !sthsrgy, excessive sleeping, and being all fluffed I would say you do not need to worry.
    Guys, I just put nest box and they are going in. and hopefully they might lay eggs. let's hope for the best.

https://imgur.com/OFQdivz
    https://imgur.com/Zb8zJqP
    https://imgur.com/IHeQDPf
    https://imgur.com/VZR7847

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...39295682938248

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...23906441975061

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

. Yaaay!!! Good luck!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I hope you get the babies you have wanted all this time. I don't much about nesting and the boxes they are in but is your box big enough to handle the female and her babies? It is so hard to tell in your pictures how big it is really.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Hi Premal, I saw your thread here and wanted to say I am so sorry for what your little cockatiel went through, and that it is really great that she is doing so much better now. You did a great job in helping her recover without the help of many vets. I am having the same problem with one of my lovebirds and we have also applied betadine to her wound and an anti inflammatory called meloxicam too. This happened on the weekend when the local vets were closed so we had to ring avian vets in Spain to get information on what to do for our lovebird.

I was wondering if you could tell me, how did you make the collar before for your cockatiel? With what material and how did you put it on her and make sure she does not take it off? I need to do this for my lovebird, as she has an open wound and keeps trying to pick and scratch it so we need her to stop that and she is a lot smaller than a cockatiel, but she is so feisty and we tried with a plastic collar but she was able to remove it from herself. We tried to add a layer with cardboard too but didnt work as she just chewed it off. She really hated the collar, which I can understand. I was reading your thread and it seems like your cockatiel did not like her collar either but I saw the pictures and it looks like good quality and are for her to remove? If you have time to tell me how you did it I would appreciate it.

Ellen, I saw some of your posts on here, and I hope I'm not being too nosy, but I noticed you mentioned having a cockatiel with you now too with one budgie. I haven't checked many posts on her lately, but wanted to say I hope everything is ok there as I remember only reading about your two budgies. If something happened that is hard to talk about, I want to say I am so sorry and that I hope everything is ok. But also hope you are doing well with your cockatiel Penny and your little Muffin too.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    I hope you get the babies you have wanted all this time. I don't much about nesting and the boxes they are in but is your box big enough to handle the female and her babies? It is so hard to tell in your pictures how big it is really.
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, a box is wide enough for all of them. I asked one of my friends, she is a breeder, she suggested this pot.

Well, the good news is She laid 5 eggs from 10th December till today.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marroqui View Post
    Hi Premal, I saw your thread here and wanted to say I am so sorry for what your little cockatiel went through, and that it is really great that she is doing so much better now. You did a great job in helping her recover without the help of many vets. I am having the same problem with one of my lovebirds and we have also applied betadine to her wound and an anti inflammatory called meloxicam too. This happened on the weekend when the local vets were closed so we had to ring avian vets in Spain to get information on what to do for our lovebird.

I was wondering if you could tell me, how did you make the collar before for your cockatiel? With what material and how did you put it on her and make sure she does not take it off? I need to do this for my lovebird, as she has an open wound and keeps trying to pick and scratch it so we need her to stop that and she is a lot smaller than a cockatiel, but she is so feisty and we tried with a plastic collar but she was able to remove it from herself. We tried to add a layer with cardboard too but didnt work as she just chewed it off. She really hated the collar, which I can understand. I was reading your thread and it seems like your cockatiel did not like her collar either but I saw the pictures and it looks like good quality and are for her to remove? If you have time to tell me how you did it I would appreciate it.

Ellen, I saw some of your posts on here, and I hope I'm not being too nosy, but I noticed you mentioned having a cockatiel with you now too with one budgie. I haven't checked many posts on here lately but wanted to say I hope everything is ok there as I remember only reading about your two budgies. If something happened that is hard to talk about, I want to say I am so sorry and that I hope everything is ok. But also hope you are doing well with your cockatiel Penny and your little Muffin too.
    First of all sorry for the late reply I was traveling and couldn't able to reply to you here.

Well, I made it from plastic folder file with a sponge around it and in the inner ring, I added some sponge so she gets comfort. and I added velcro so the size of it can be adjustable.

Well if your bird is injured then you can apply turmeric powder to that area. it will work very effectively. and also spray some Alum water so it will also work as antibiotics.

Other then that please concern the vet. If you need any help any time msg me here and also you can connect me on facebook(Premal khetani).

hope your bird will recover soon.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Guys,

Thank you all for your help and support.

Today, She laid her fifth egg. she is doing well. both are doing great parenting. One by one both is incubating eggs.

I wonder that she recovered from her injuries and now she is protecting her nest. she is such a fighter.

I don't know how many babies I'll have. but hope for the best.

Guys anything that I need to take care while this period please let me know. For me, it's very first time to breed cockatiel. I have experienced budgies but not cockatiels.

Thank you once again.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I hope the pot will work for you. Personally, I would use a wooden nest box because the mom needs plenty of room, and especially so, when the babies begin to hatch, because Dad will be in the nest helping to feed too. And the box protects therm all from drafts, and environmental issues such as heat, humidity, cold weather, etc. In my view, you have a better chance of success with the wooden box. The babies will be in the nest for several weeks. And as they grow bigger, there is less room in the nest.

I hope all will go well, no matter which nest you choose. They are going to be busy parents if all eggs hatch.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

I hope the pot will work for you. Personally, I would use a wooden nest box because the mom needs plenty of room, and especially so, when the babies begin to hatch, because Dad will be in the nest helping to feed too. And the box protects therm all from drafts, and environmental issues such as heat, humidity, cold weather, etc. In my view, you have a better chance of success with the wooden box. The babies will be in the nest for several weeks. And as they grow bigger, there is less room in the nest.

I hope all will go well, no matter which nest you choose. They are going to be busy parents if all eggs hatch.
    Ohh!!! Now, anything I can do? Well the pot is big but still, I am worried now Please let me know if I can do anything for them if I have time to do. She is carrying her 6th egg. She might lay today.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Premal.khetani View Post
    First of all sorry for the late reply I was traveling and couldn't able to reply to you here.

Well, I made it from plastic folder file with a sponge around it and in the inner ring, I added some sponge so she gets comfort. and I added velcro so the size of it can be adjustable.

Well if your bird is injured then you can apply turmeric powder to that area. it will work very effectively. and also spray some Alum water so it will also work as antibiotics.

Other then that please concern the vet. If you need any help any time msg me here and also you can connect me on facebook(Premal khetani).

hope your bird will recover soon.
    Hi premal thank you so much for the reply, hope your travels went well. Thank you for the description of the collar you made for your cockatiel as well, it is helpful. I will see what I can do with my lovebird. For now, we are not putting a collar on her, and just keeping an eye on her, so far the amount of times that she tries to pluck is more less than before. That is interesting about the turmeric powder, I use it a lot in cooking, and especially in rice. So far she has not been bleeding for awhile which is good, and I think her feathers are growing in that area, but it will take awhile before they grow back and we have to make sure she does not pick them when they grow.

I am glad your cockatiel is also doing well too, and it will be very exciting to see the babies of her and her little friend. I will keep checking this thread to read the updates of your little cockatiels.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marroqui View Post
    Hi premal thank you so much for the reply, hope your travels went well. Thank you for the description of the collar you made for your cockatiel as well, it is helpful. I will see what I can do with my lovebird. For now, we are not putting a collar on her, and just keeping an eye on her, so far the amount of times that she tries to pluck is more less than before. That is interesting about the turmeric powder, I use it a lot in cooking, and especially in rice. So far she has not been bleeding for awhile which is good, and I think her feathers are growing in that area, but it will take awhile before they grow back and we have to make sure she does not pick them when they grow.

I am glad your cockatiel is also doing well too, and it will be very exciting to see the babies of her and her little friend. I will keep checking this thread to read the updates of your little cockatiels.
    Thank you so much for your wishes.

sure, your lovebird will grow her feathers back. If any time you need help just text me. I can make a video for you as well to make a collar and today I will find the link in which I checked that what will be the size of the collar for every bird.

Remove Ads