Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

 

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 167

Thread: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

  1. #16
    Tailfeather boomer girl's Avatar
    Name
    Deanna
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colfax, California
    Posts
    17,171
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 778 Times in 774 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Oh no!! This is just horrible and I wished I could advise you more but without having vets in your area that can help you I do not know what to do. Have you looked very carefully to see if there are broken feather shafts still in her wings? Sometimes birds will have night frights and they will fly and crash into the sides of there cage and break feathers. If the ends of these feathers are still in her skin they will not continue to bleed every time she bites them and breaks off the blood clot on the end. If you do see broken shafts they need to come out and they also could be the reason she continually chews the skin around her wings. Is there any dog or cat vets in your area? Any bird breeders? One of these could possible know enough about birds to take a look at your bird to see if they can help you out. I am so sorry she hurt herself when you put the collar on her and I do hope you find someone to help you out. My thoughts are with you.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

  2. #17
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    Oh no!! This is just horrible and I wished I could advise you more but without having vets in your area that can help you I do not know what to do. Have you looked very carefully to see if there are broken feather shafts still in her wings? Sometimes birds will have night frights and they will fly and crash into the sides of there cage and break feathers. If the ends of these feathers are still in her skin they will not continue to bleed every time she bites them and breaks off the blood clot on the end. If you do see broken shafts they need to come out and they also could be the reason she continually chews the skin around her wings. Is there any dog or cat vets in your area? Any bird breeders? One of these could possible know enough about birds to take a look at your bird to see if they can help you out. I am so sorry she hurt herself when you put the collar on her and I do hope you find someone to help you out. My thoughts are with you.
    thank you so much for your support. i looked but i didn't find any blood feather. I can see her skin directly from where the blood is coming. but i cant do any thing. i think i have to just let it be for some time mean while i have to find any vet in the city for her treatment. hope i can.

  3. #18
    Tailfeather boomer girl's Avatar
    Name
    Deanna
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colfax, California
    Posts
    17,171
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 778 Times in 774 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    I hope can too.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

  4. #19
    Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA Midwest
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Use white flour placed over the spot where it is bleeding, to stop the bleeding. Try to locate an animal and or bird hospital in your city. Your bird really needs medical herlp asap!

  5. #20
    Brand New Egg DarvinLovebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    I hope she will be fine soon.
    It's so heartbreaking that animals don't realize we try to help them

  6. #21
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Use white flour placed over the spot where it is bleeding, to stop the bleeding. Try to locate an animal and or bird hospital in your city. Your bird really needs medical herlp asap!
    Thank you so much for your concern and advice. I already tried to locate but there is no any vet in my city.

  7. #22
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarvinLovebird View Post
    I hope she will be fine soon.
    It's so heartbreaking that animals don't realize we try to help them
    Thank you for your wish. hope she will be fine soon.

  8. #23
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Today i started one treatment.

    First i just apply betadine at her injured area. Then apply some white flour. and giving here vitamins syrup as food supplements. Hope this will work and give her healing.

  9. #24
    Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA Midwest
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    What ingredients are in the vitamin syrup. Is it a bird vitamin or other vitamin syrup?

  10. #25
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    What ingredients are in the vitamin syrup. Is it a bird vitamin or other vitamin syrup?
    It's vimeral syrup contains vitamin A,D3, E, B12. And giving her Vitamin B12 supplement syrup in her water bowl.

  11. #26
    Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA Midwest
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    If it is for humans, my view would be it probably has quite a few miligrams in a human dose, so if it were me, I would give just a drop or two at a time, and about 2-3 times a week. That is not to say you should not give it, but rather what I would do. I do hope they will help.

  12. #27
    Brand New Egg DarvinLovebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Hello!

    How's your tiel?
    I was wondering. After she got that injury, do you always apply betadine on the injured area? Did you ever let the injured area be without any of medicines? Using antiseptic medicines too often may slow down healing process. The key for healing it to keep the injured area clean but not supersterile - so I believe when the bird have a clean cage and antiseptic were used once its good enough. Using it everytime it's not good in my opinion. But I'm not specialist..just saying from my experiances.

    Instead of vitamin supplements I would give her some veggies and fruits.

  13. #28
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    If it is for humans, my view would be it probably has quite a few miligrams in a human dose, so if it were me, I would give just a drop or two at a time, and about 2-3 times a week. That is not to say you should not give it, but rather what I would do. I do hope they will help.
    It's for humans but i am giving 1 drops in 300ml water only. both B12 and vimeral syrup.

  14. #29
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarvinLovebird View Post
    Hello!

    How's your tiel?
    I was wondering. After she got that injury, do you always apply betadine on the injured area? Did you ever let the injured area be without any of medicines? Using antiseptic medicines too often may slow down healing process. The key for healing it to keep the injured area clean but not supersterile - so I believe when the bird have a clean cage and antiseptic were used once its good enough. Using it everytime it's not good in my opinion. But I'm not specialist..just saying from my experiances.

    Instead of vitamin supplements I would give her some veggies and fruits.
    Hello Thanks for your concern man.
    i don't know what's happening with her. She is good fighter i must say. but her wounds are not recovering any ways. i am applying betadine ointment. And shown one vet who has not much knowledge in birds. but he suggests me to apply it so i am doing. But she constantly itching at that part and then blood starts after that i will clean it and apply paste but still the process is going on and on ....

    I am too much worried now. don't know what to do. i am doing my level best. but still not getting the result what is expected.

    Can you please tell me what type of veggies and fruits i can give to her. As right now i am giving green leaves, beans to her but she eats very small amount of them.

    Here are some of her wings pics.

    https://imgur.com/a/LZiuHS3
    https://imgur.com/a/tgNfiO9
    https://imgur.com/a/XNOrczI
    https://imgur.com/a/iw0vSr9
    https://imgur.com/a/vpBlT6C


    Finally i created one collar for her and give it to her. here are pics
    https://imgur.com/a/GdNEZa7
    https://imgur.com/a/KzL5MKB
    https://imgur.com/a/3y57ELt

    Hope she will get well soon and recover as fast as she can.
    Last edited by Premal.khetani; 07-11-2018 at 12:40 PM.

  15. #30
    Brand New Egg DarvinLovebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and feather color turnes brown.

    Oh ... The wing doesnt look good
    Good that she is wearing collar so the injury will has chance to heal.
    If there is no peace of broken feather maybe this medicine irritates her? That's why she is touching there...


    You can give her spinch, broccoli, carrot, boiled sweet potato, boiled corn, apple, bananas, mango.

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. Cockatiel suffuring from wings dammage and eye infaction.
    By Premal.khetani in forum Cockatiel Care, Feeding, Dangers, Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2018, 11:43 PM
  2. Weird feather color
    By Kiwisoo in forum Conures
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 07:20 AM
  3. feather color ?
    By mtrick in forum Lovebirds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 09:16 PM
  4. Dark brown/black color in nares (nostrils) is it normal?
    By kieler in forum Cockatiel Care, Feeding, Dangers, Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2002, 07:24 PM
  5. Dark brown/black color in nares (nostrils) is it normal?
    By kieler in forum Other Cockatiel Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2002, 07:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Message BoardNetwork Home