Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harness training?!?!?!?!?!

Apostate and Maleficar First Clutch Hatching... Community Moderator Kiara's Avatar
    Name
    Kiara
    Thanks

Re: Harness training?!?!?!?!?!

We both have valid opinions and valid experiences. Neither has rescued a bird the other hasn't.
    Great. We all agree that both opinions and experiences are valid. Now stop trying to have a fight please.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Thanks Kaira. To me people have different opinions about birds and two very hot topics here is clipping and pellets. We all can make our own choices about these and if someone disagrees they should not be pushy and say it is the wrong thing to do. Its a personal choice. Boomer was clipped and people use to tell me it was cruel, sometimes in very rude ways. Boomer was a very happy bird and loved life as a spoiled only bird. So many people told me it was wrong but it was my choice to clip. It was what was best for him. If you are a member of a forum sometimes you have to be nice and not truly voice your opinion to keep the peace.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I agree, Deanna. The only reason I spoke up was I worry that new bird owners might not realize that someone is simply expressing an opinion when it is written so strongly. This is a beautiful forum for people to learn and share about birds. In the 7 years I've been participating, I've never seen anyone so adamant on a personal opinion. All other comments by that poster are beautiful and well-informed.

And, thank you so much Kiara for stepping in!!!
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    I agree, Deanna. The only reason I spoke up was I worry that new bird owners might not realize that someone is simply expressing an opinion when it is written so strongly. This is a beautiful forum for people to learn and share about birds. In the 7 years I've been participating, I've never seen anyone so adamant on a personal opinion. All other comments by that poster are beautiful and well-informed.

And, thank you so much Kiara for stepping in!!!
    I read this thread and it started out great than WOW!!!

That Clive character rubbed me the and a few others the wrong way, especially when it came to clipping and pellets.. Debates can be healthy and very informative, but when a person thinks their way is the only way, it sours the conversation. Good for you Pat for sticking up for yourself!!
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Thanks so much, Carolyn. I felt awful speaking up. I love what other things Leslie said, but I couldn't just stand by for the sake of wonderful people who need to learn their options. We have had so much fun her for so many years, I'm looking forward to more fun! And, it's so great to hear lots of different opinions as well as hear about new bird owners' experiences and see them grow in love for their precious birdies.

Lots of love and hugs to you, Carolyn!
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Thanks so much, Carolyn. I felt awful speaking up. I love what other things Leslie said, but I couldn't just stand by for the sake of wonderful people who need to learn their options. We have had so much fun her for so many years, I'm looking forward to more fun! And, it's so great to hear lots of different opinions as well as hear about new bird owners' experiences and see them grow in love for their precious birdies.

Lots of love and hugs to you, Carolyn!
    Right back at you Pat
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Remove Ads