Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Scabies but..

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Unhappy Scabies but..

Hello,
    I have a budgie with scabies and I know the way to treat her is with Ivermectina diluted to 12%. Here in Spain, this medicine is called Pulmosan. (I'm sorry, but I don't know the chemical compounds's names in English) But, when I realised she had scabies, the only thing I had in my house was an insecticide called Diptrón. It's composition is:
    -cypermethrin
    -piperonyl butoxide
    -excipients and water

5 days have passed since that and my question is: how many days I need to wait till I can use in her the Ivermectina? She's not getting better but she's not worse, just uncomfortable.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 1,130 Posts

Re: Scabies but..

How do you know it is scabies? I have not heard of budgies having this problem. How long have you had your budgie? Was your budgie hatched in an aviary, or some other place? Any chemicals we use in our homes for cleaning or disinfecting are lethal to budgies.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Well, I'm not sure how to say it in English, I'm sorry. In Spanish it's "ácaros de la sarna", something like scabies mites or trachea mites. She act totally normal, maybe a bit more angry than usually but she scratches her legs and she has something whitish on them, like a crust. I've used olive oil and It's getting better but not heal at all.
    I've got my budgies for around 7 months and I got them in a pet shop. One of them seems to be ok but maybe he's already infected.
    The two eat, sing, clean theirself, drink and play like nothing happens.
    I know I have to use the medicine but I don't know how many time I need to wait until they have expeled from their body's the inecticide(That insecticide is for budgies, it's safe)

Thanks

Vads is speaking of scaly face mites.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketcha View Post
    Vads is speaking of scaly face mites.
    Yes, is that what she has! Thank you! She has scaly skin in her legs, mites has not affected her peak.
    It's still on the first phase, so it's not serious yet. I've managed to restrain mites but I have to stop them!

Remove Ads