where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny things about your birds.

Name
    Julie
    Thanks

Funny things about your birds.

Guys what is the oddest or strange thing your loving pet ever did that makes you laugh.

My little guy cinnamon used to puff himself up and fan out his wings if my father tried to give me a hug or any man for that matter. Don't know why he did this but it is the one thing I remember about him that makes me smile.
    RIP Twitter may your song fill the heavens forever

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Funny things about your birds.

Little Cinnomen was protecting you from the men touching you...what a sweet little boy.

I love how Tikki my daughter's conure will see me
    and say "Hi Tikki" and blow me a perfect sounding smooching kiss. Its the best greeting ever.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Julie
    Thanks

He also used to sing any time I walked out of the room to make sure I was OK would stop if I poped my head back in. Was only me that he did this with was kinda cute I have set my mobiles ring turn to a recording of him singing it's now my alarm in the morning it makes me feel much better as I spent two years used to hearing his singing.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

It must of been so hard to give him away after having him for a few years. He truly loved you as much as you loved him. The alarm with his singing is a perfect thing to wake up too.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

My sun conure was hand fed by me since he was 3 weeks old. I read about wild conures and came up with an idea. After I fed him, I would place him in a hand towel, swaddle him and place him on his back. I would say 'baby' to him as I placed this little birdy bundle into his birdy tent. When he was in the tent all cozy, he would softly say 'baby' over and over. Then he'd fall fast asleep.
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Usually when me and the other half get home from work, our little guy doesn't give us a flock call, we get asked "Whatcha Doin"? He will ask until we greet him..

Name
    Julie
    Thanks

ha ha ha Pipers you little one sounds like a little monkey but it also is cute he just doesn't want to be left out... I used to call to my wee one goodbye when I left for work when i got home he would sing right away if he wasn't asleep by the time my shift ended. Yes I do miss him a lot but I know he is in a good home and is being loved and cared for so thats all that matters to me.

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Today I had a really funny experience with my baby cockatiels Mickey and Wolfie.
    After I hand feed Wolfie he sits on my shoulder and softly chatters to me. Mickey walks all over me or plays on the back of my sofa.
    Today, when Wolfie was chatting to me, I asked him 'what's your name?' and he softly whistled something that sounded like Barry. I said, 'oh, your name is Barry? and he whistled something that vaguely sounded like James (it was a stretch, but I was just having fun with him).

So, I asked Mickey what her name is. She just made a little chirp, and I said, 'oh, your name is Joe!'

It was fun calling Wolfie Barry James and Mickey Joe. I couldn't stop laughing. I'm laughing about it as I write this and it's after midnight here.
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

Sammy gets really excited when he hears us come in, and flock calls. When we come into his room, he blows kissies (LeeBee taught him - I came back from holiday and Sammy knew kisses lol), and does that funny little lovebird beak rattle laugh. Bluey stretches his wings out and wolf whistles.

The other day my other half didn't say hello to them when he came in.
    They went nuts and screamed until he came back down to say hi. And when they came out, Sammy made a beeline for him and did a massive poop down his back. Serves him right I think

Thanks Lee for the adorable sig!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pixibubbles View Post
    Sammy gets really excited when he hears us come in, and flock calls. When we come into his room, he blows kissies (LeeBee taught him - I came back from holiday and Sammy knew kisses lol), and does that funny little lovebird beak rattle laugh. Bluey stretches his wings out and wolf whistles.

They went nuts and screamed until he came back down to say hi. And when they came out, Sammy made a beeline for him and did a massive poop down his back. Serves him right I think
    I think you're right! LOL. That's really funny!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Jo
    Thanks

I have 2 lovebirds, and this happened a few weeks ago when Pino (male) was bored and Disco (female) was sitting on her eggs. Normally he stays pretty close to the cage (which is open). But that morning he started to walk around a bit. He's able to fly, but I could clearly hear him walking around. Tip, tip, tip on the stairs... So Pino walked upstairs, and next thing I know he was in the bedroom. Came to sit next to my bad and started to shirp a serenade, probably to wake me up.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 1,296 Posts

. That is too cute!! No bordom for Pino!! I will just go find my birdy mom!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pixibubbles View Post

The massive poop... My John knows that quite well.. LOL!!!
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Thanks

One of my budgie is fighting with toys. It looks like training of special force. Really. When rest of my birds just normally play like boping head, swing, sing to them.. She is like POW POW POW POW!! Bitting, scrathing and kicking.. From one to the second toy. I always try to record it but she suddenly stops like it's something secret. It's hilarious.
    Second thing, my lovebirds - they trolling each other by landing or jumping on others back (not in mating way). Just landing on others back and standing few seconds while the bottom one is screaming and finally move.
    And of course my two almost 2months old babies - Its always make me laugh when at the morning I open my eyes and see both of them in corrner of their cage looking at me, few seconds after I open my eyes they start screaming to let them out (they never start flying without 5 minutes of cuddles) or its also funny when older bird scare or sit on their favourite spot so they fly to me chirping like they say "MOMMY!!! DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED? "

Thanks

When I was a kid I had a budgerigar. He knew all the dirty words that I knew