where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Need some help!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Laura
    Thanks

Need some help!

My cockatiel, Jackson, is 10 years old and in good health. He went to the vet the other day for a routine nail and beak trim (last time was over a 1 1/2 ago) and when she was completed he had a seizure. After almost two hours, four doses of meds and then total sedation, they stopped. He was pretty out of it for the rest of the day but over the weekend seemed much better. Anyone else have this occur? I am freaking out. He was scared by something tonight and was flapping around his cage. I was able to calm him down, but I am very nervous that when this is a behavior or a precursor for another seizure. Nothing like this has every happened before.
    Last edited by lkps99; 07-31-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Need some help!

Oh my gosh I would be freaking out too. What did the vet say about this? In my head I wonder if they overheated him or held him too tight and brought this on. But please know this is what my first thought was when I read your post. I would be horrified if this was my bird. I would be tempted to call another vet to see if they would talk to you about this. For a seizure to go on this long is so scary to me. I just hope he is OK and it does not happen again.

I will be following this to see what others here think about this.

Sending you a big hug!! I sure would need a few from a fellow bird lover if I were you.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Re: Need some help!

Please see the thread in the Conure Forum.

Remove Ads