Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Rip Petey

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Rip Petey

I made a post earlier talking about how ill my cockatiel was and now I just recieved notice he died. My family was at the park and came home and said while at the park they saw a giant bird just looking at them before flying off. They said they never saw a bird like that before and my mom said she thinks it was Petey saying goodbye and how even though he was small in his mind he was always big. I love him he was my best friend in the world Fly frew buddy.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: Rip Petey

I am so, so sorry your little Petey has passed away. I am sending ((((((hugs))))) to you!!

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high,
    There's a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby.
    Somewhere over the rainbow, beautiful birds fly....

Fly high and free Petey! Over the rainbow bridge!
    You were sooooo loved!!!

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I want to say how sorry I am that you no longer have little Petey with you. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    If there's one thing that I learned in life after seeing so many feathered friends go over the rainbow bridge (1 is too many), it's this:

There's got to be a logical reason for life.
    And, EVERYTHING and EVERYONE who has been given the gift of life loves that gift and does everything possible to hold on to it.
    Everything and everyone who has been given the gift of life ALWAYS receives the gift of death - eventually.

It got me to thinking. If the Giver of the Gift of Life made a mistake, life would be truly in chaos. It is not. Nature is predictable and ordered. In other words, it's perfect. There's more I can say, but to bring this discussion to the conclusion, I realized that death has it's good purpose, too. But it is up to the One who gave the gift of life to decide when to take us over the rainbow bridge.
    I really trust that my baby Bitsy the sparrow that I've missed for over 23 years is truly in a happy place and doing well over the rainbow bridge.

It hurts us very much when we lose a friend to death. And what I learned is that I am far less likely to just take people in my life for granted. I find that my loss helps me to give greater love and respect for those still with me, and it helps me to appreciate the little things about them. I became more sensitive to other people's feelings as well as my own after Bitsy left me. I still cry about him, but it's just me wanting his company, even though I trust he's gone to a place he was intended to go.

I don't know if my words help, but I certainly hope they do, Bepsi. For some reason, I felt like sharing with you. I never shared these words with others before, but you seem such a sensitive and loving person, my heart goes out to you.
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am sorry you lost your little Bepsi I have no doubt he was looking over you in the park and appeared as the big bird to let your Mom know he was OK. The day after Boomer died we had something odd happen to us with heart shaped clouds and balloons appearing while we were riding down a bike trail. We first saw two clouds shaped as hearts while riding along and then I said out loud to my daughter and husband if we saw another no doubt it was Boomer. A little later we came around a curve and there was a heart shaped balloon that must of fell out of the sky. I truly think our loved ones including our loved pets come back to comfort us.

Hugs to you.

Fly Free Petey...
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads