Hello! I have some questions about my sun conures behavior. I am a first time bird owner to a 7 month old sun conure named Mozart. Iíve had him for 5 months and he is just the sweetest thing. He loves to chew on almost everything, but unfortunately, my hands/fingers are his favorite. I am aware of the term "beaking" and I have done quite a bit of research on it, but I am not sure if he actually IS beaking. He will try and chew on my fingers, and whenever I try to pull away, he will either bite down harder and I end up moving him with my hand, or he will chase it and resume biting. If I do not let him bite/chew, he will become angry and start to scream or climb onto my shoulder and begin attempting to chew my eyelid or rip skin off my lips. I do not do anything to provoke him. And we are very much beyond preening. I get him out whenever I clean my other animals enclosures, or play a video game. We have one on one time too. I have tried to yell, or screech but I eventually found out that was the opposite of what you are supposed to do 🙄

It has gotten to the point where I donít enjoy getting him out that much anymore. I wonít get rid of him, but I just want to have an enjoyable experience or relationship and I want him to be happy too. Thank you all so so much for your help!!!