Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: A Miracle Tea - Really!

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

A Miracle Tea - Really!

Hi All,

Normally, you don't see me posting about food for humans. But, I just had to let you guys know about something that I'm calling a 'miracle'. It's Thyme Tea, just the plain old herb we have in our pantries put in a teabag.

Here's a little background: Ever since the end of July I've been very, very sick due to the fine particulate matter from the huge Cranston Fire in the mountains bordering the Coachella Valley. I was hit hard by the smoke and ash this time like never before, and I'm just starting to get better. Today is the third day I've felt better. That's how much time? About 6 weeks of serious inflammation all over my body. The allergist said my swollen face is 'Cushingoid', meaning looks like I'm getting too much corticosteroids. The only thing is, I got this inflammation BEFORE being put on the prednisone.

Nothing has helped to reduce the inflammation much. I stopped drinking coffee, changed my diet, took prednisone (which did help a little), etc.

*** Last week, I discovered something, which I think might help everyone. Fine particulate matter from wildfires, vehicle emissions, smog, etc. can settle in the lungs, causing respiratory discomfort or distress. ALSO: it can get into the blood stream and mimic plaque buildup in arteries. It can also cross the blood-brain barrier.***

Since the fire started, my blood pressure has consistently been 21 points above what it normally is. And I never had a blood pressure problem.

I got information from the Environmental Protection Agency website regarding Particulate Matter, and also found a website that discussed how to heal from the particulate matter inflammation. Three things were recommended:
    1. Thyme Tea
    2. Multivitamins
    3. Ginger

I was skeptical, but I bought some thyme tea from Amazon. I flavored it with ginger, cinnamon and cloves, then added a little honey for sweetening. I actually felt better after drinking only half a cup of the tea! After an hour I felt a tiny bit of reduction in my facial inflammation. Today is the third day and neighbors are already commenting on how much the swelling has gone down.

I wouldn't share this if it helped just me. But the other day a friend came over needing my help with something. He was very stressed. I had just made a cup of thyme tea and since he's a chef, I asked him to taste the tea. He took 3 sips and loved it. Then he said, 'OMG!! My chest feels better!' He hasn't been bothered by asthma in years, but his chest was so tight he thought he'd have to ask his wife if she had asthma meds (she's a nurse). I didn't know that he was having this problem. But after drinking the tea, he felt a lot better.

Anyway, I'm sharing this because it has really, really helped me. If this post helps just one person, it's worth it. The stuff is amazing. And, it's nothing but plain ole thyme, the herb we use for cooking.
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: A Miracle Tea - Really!

Than you so much Pat!! I am definitely going to order some of this tea. I had been having gall bladder issues for months and got my gall bladder removed a few days ago. I would love to feel better and get rid of the bloat and gas in my body. The added things you put in it make it sound so good. What brand did you get? I will look for your update with the brand and order it. Hopefully it helps with my bloated sore body.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I got the Good Nature brand Organic Wild Thyme Tea.
    Works well for me. Hope it helps you, Deanna.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Thanks Pat. I just now bought it and will get the other spices today. My stomach is all messed up and hopefully this will help get rid of the bloat inside of me.

You got me thinking and I read about using Thyme Essential oil for digestion troubles and it is great for this!! They say mix it with a carrier oil and rub on your tummy. I will just have to stay away from Tikki tomorrow and see if this helps before I get the tea. Thanks Pat!! Hopefully the oil helps until I get the tea.
    Last edited by boomer girl; 09-09-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I sure hope so, Deanna. By the way, in my struggles to find a way to alleviate the allergic swelling I'm having, I discovered a few things that I'd like to pass on to you.

I researched particulate matter from wildfires and discovered that the super fine particulate matter can settle in the lungs, AND it can pass into the blood stream. In the blood stream the particulate matter 'sediment' can act like plaque in the arteries and raise blood pressure. My blood pressure has consistently been 21 points higher since the Cranston fire. But, since drinking the thyme tea, my blood pressure is 15 points lower - getting closer to what it used to be.

I learned that there are things we can consume to alleviate the inflammation and lower blood pressure. One of them is Thyme, which I take in the form of this Thyme Tea. Other inflammation reducers include: ginger, multivitamins, turmeric and cinnamon.

So, you might want to look into these things and see if they might help you.

I sure hope it helps you, hon. I hope you feel better soon!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I picked some fresh Thyme from my plant here just now and using my French press to hopefully make me a little tea. I read that you can make it with fresh leaves and I have a huge thyme plant in my front yard.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Let me know how it turns out. I just bought 4 more boxes of tea. I'm giving one box to my daughter and another box to my 'adopted' daughter who is my gynecologist.

Just a little side story about the doctor:
    I babysat her children every other week all last year so she could deliver babies and do emergency surgeries at night. She's the best OB/GYN you can find. She did my hysterectomy. I told her that no other friend delved so deeply, LOL. When I was coming out of anesthesia, I was not able to control what I said, and I kept repeating 'where's my Sara Bear? I love my Sara Bear!, and 'I love my Sofia!'. Sara is her 4 year old and Sofia is her 9 year old. It's nice to know you say good things when you can't control your words. And, even nicer, Dr. Lisa was right there with me for 40 minutes in the recovery room. My real daughter was there, too. I was told I also kept saying 'I love you Lisa' over and over. I really love that family and adopted them from my heart.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Oh goodness! You got me wondering what the heck I said as I was waking up from my surgery. I know as I was wheeled into the operating room the surgeon helped me out of my bed onto I think a surgical bed. It for some reason looked like a carnival ride with a bright light in the middle. I told them it looked like a fun ride and I remember them laughing and someone saying your going to sleep now Deanna. I didn't make my tea yet but just picked the leaves now to dry out.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 1,258 Posts

From what I have heard, some silly and crazy stuff is said by surgery patients....like...the good...bad....and ugly!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

True, Ellen! I remember when I had an epidural injection in my neck many years ago. I had to be under general anesthesia for it. When I was coming to, I remember trying to tell a couple of the nurses that I saw them while under anesthesia and some people were telling me that those gals were really truly angels. They even had a whisper of wings, LOL. The ladies looked at me weird and didn't answer me. When I fully came out of the anesthesia, I realized what I said and how goofy it must have sounded to the nurses. I couldn't stop laughing all the way home!

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 1,258 Posts

Years ago, my mom, had a hysterectomy surgery. I was there with her, of course, and when she got into recovery, and began coming out of the anesethetic, she whispered to me......don't tell anybnody.....I had the wrong doctor!!!! He was a foreign doctor!! I did some checking, and was told the doctor was a Phillipino, and we sure never saw them in small communities such as this back in the 60's. The hospital was a good one, but quite small compared to those in big cities. My mom must have looked at him and said to herself..what the hay?????? Who is this guy???? Must be the wrong one! As she was being put out. This guy was the radiologist!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

a
    Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Years ago, my mom, had a hysterectomy surgery. I was there with her, of course, and when she got into recovery, and began coming out of the anesethetic, she whispered to me......don't tell anybnody.....I had the wrong doctor!!!! He was a foreign doctor!! I did some checking, and was told the doctor was a Phillipino, and we sure never saw them in small communities such as this back in the 60's. The hospital was a good one, but quite small compared to those in big cities. My mom must have looked at him and said to herself..what the hay?????? Who is this guy???? Must be the wrong one! As she was being put out. This guy was the radiologist!
    That's funny!!! I can't stop laughing!!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Diana
    Thanks

I also want to try your Miracle tea and I hope it will work on me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shop our collection of barista supplies, barista gear, and equipment.
    Discover great deals on latte art pens, tampers, milk pitchers
    and latte art cups at Barista Swag.
    Last edited by FeatherLover; 12-11-2018 at 02:30 AM.

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

What a great topic. I'm a big fan of complementary therapy (big important difference there between that and alternative!) I've not tried thyme... Will add it to my list though. Ginger, cinnamon and licorice are very good for digestive issues and inflammation... And chilli and turmeric good for cleansing and kicking your immune system up the behind.

Best thing I've found currently though is anise. I've found a licorice and anise tea which is really tasty, and helps when I'm struggling with flare ups. Peppermint is supposedly good for upset stomachs... But I hate the stuff.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I forgot about this post and getting some thyme tea and I will have to put it on my shopping list to get tomorrow.

I have had issues with my stomach since getting my gall bladder out and I get really acidy and feel like I am going to throw up. We went on a long road trip (drive) and Carissa bought some dried ginger that was coated with sugar. She said it helps her car sickness. I LOVE it! I got that nauseous acidy feeling on our long trip many times and I chewed on that dehydrated Ginger and it made my stomach feel great! Do you make a drink out of the herbs you use Helen? Or use fresh?

Remove Ads