Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Successful Sleepover

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Successful Sleepover

I never went to a sleepover, nor did I ever host a sleepover. But, I hosted a sleepover this weekend and it was awesome!

Originally, I invited 3 kids to have a play date with the birds because they help me to socialize Benny Francis, my 5 1/2 month old amazon. I was just going to order pizza and make birdie and people popcorn with some drinks.

Then I decided to invite my doctor friend's 2 girls that I haven't seen in too long, and they would sleep over my house. Then it turned into having a sleepover party for all the kids to get acquainted with Sara and Sofia. And then I invited my other 'adopted' granddaughter A'nya to sleep over, too.

I had 10 kids, aged 8 to 11, with two 4 year olds. It was awesome! Benny Francis enjoyed the whole party. The kids were playing music and dancing. Benny Francis was singing and dancing, too! We had Panda Express, Pizza and Del Taco to eat, with Skinny Pops, Veggie Straws and Zero Vitamin Water for refreshments. Half the kids slept over and the other half went home. But they all came back for breakfast.

All but 2 of the kids were girls. One 8 year old boy always goes everywhere with his sister, and the 4 year old never goes anywhere. The 4 year old had a lot of fun with the little 4 year old girl. They are now best friends.

Anyway, I just had to post about the party because it was a first for this 71 year old gal. I know all the kids and parents from the property I manage. I used to throw parties for all the tenants until I got too sick to do it anymore. I felt it was about time I had a little get-together for the kids. We have the best kids in the world living here.

I had told the kids they could do whatever they wanted in my house. The little ones jumped on my bed and the older kids told me about it. I said that's okay, my mattress can take it. That was the worst that happened. My place looked really nice when the kids left. They all respected my home. And they kept the noise down. I am so blessed with great neighbors. I just had to share!
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Successful Sleepover

I love that you did this Pat and I really love that everyone had fun. I am sure the kids loved being around the birds as well. You know these kids are going to be wanting you to throw more parties now.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

They're already asking me when the next party will be. They have no idea of the cost, LOL. Those are the types of kids you really want to have a party for. Very respectful without being told to mind their manners. Their parents are raising them right.
    I'm glad that Benny Francis really had fun. It was cute to see him 'dancing' and 'singing' with the kids.
    And the kids were great with all 3 birds. The cockatiels had fun, too. But I didn't want them out too long with so many kids.
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 1,252 Posts

Wow!!!! Now that is an awesome sleep over!!! Great preperation on your part!! Congrats!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Wow!!!! Now that is an awesome sleep over!!! Great preperation on your part!! Congrats!!
    Hahaha, Ellen. What's funny is there really was no preparation, LOL. I went with A'nya to Palm Springs to pick up my Sara and Sofia. On the way back I said, 'oh, there's a Del Taco. Let's stop!' The girls love Del Taco. I used to take them to Del Taco every Wednesday when I took care of them. Then A'nya said, 'my mom takes me to Panda on Fridays sometimes.' So, I said, 'Oh, there's a Panda Express across the street! Let's go!' And I bought enough Del Taco and Panda food for all the kids. When I got home I ordered Dominos Pizza too.

It was all spur-of-the-moment except for the Zero Water and snacks. Everyone loved the food and drinks. It just naturally came together. It was the happiest get-together I was ever at. I thoroughly enjoyed having those well-behaved kids over to my house. And, as well-behaved as they are, they all let their hair down and had lots of fun.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Del Taco, Panda Express and Domino's Pizza and you didn't invite me??? How could you do that to me and Tango... LOL!!!

Sounds like a great time by everyone and the birds too!

After reading this thread, I now have a craving for some Mexican cuisine.. chile relleno's, fajita's, tamales... Maybe because I haven't had my lunch yet

Thanks for sharing Pat!!
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pipers Mom View Post
    Del Taco, Panda Express and Domino's Pizza and you didn't invite me??? How could you do that to me and Tango... LOL!!!

Sounds like a great time by everyone and the birds too!

After reading this thread, I now have a craving for some Mexican cuisine.. chile relleno's, fajita's, tamales... Maybe because I haven't had my lunch yet

Thanks for sharing Pat!!
    Oh darn it! Why, oh why didn't I invite you and Tango, Carolyn? My bad. I should've known that you would have driven to California from Michigan with your pajamas to have a fun sleepover! Poor Tango missed out on Panda Express, and you missed out on Burritos from Del Taco!

I am so awful!! Well, next time I'll invite you.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Oh darn it! Why, oh why didn't I invite you and Tango, Carolyn? My bad. I should've known that you would have driven to California from Michigan with your pajamas to have a fun sleepover! Poor Tango missed out on Panda Express, and you missed out on Burritos from Del Taco!

I am so awful!! Well, next time I'll invite you.
    I'll even bring a dish!!! It's finally cooling off in the mitten state.. time to get the pie plates out, go to the cider mill and pick apples right off the tree.. make some homemade Apple Pie.. served warm with a little bit of vanilla ice cream!!! Yum!! I'm sure the fids will enjoy the treat
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pipers Mom View Post
    I'll even bring a dish!!! It's finally cooling off in the mitten state.. time to get the pie plates out, go to the cider mill and pick apples right off the tree.. make some homemade Apple Pie.. served warm with a little bit of vanilla ice cream!!! Yum!! I'm sure the fids will enjoy the treat
    YUMMM!! Homemade Apple Pie sounds FABULOUS! I can't wait until you get here with it. Looks like I'll have to schedule a sleepover pretty darn soon!

Hey, Carolyn! Maybe we can do a virtual sleepover for our fids, like we used to do those bird-thday parties here!! Might be fun, getting the fids new pajamas or nightgowns and putting out their sleeping bags, making birdy cookies and stuff! Laying out the toys for them to share! Seeing them share swings and bells! I can just see them all dancing and singing like the kids did here. And, we can have one of them operate a karaoke machine!!

Remove Ads