Hi All,
Little Smokey Bear is now 3 months old. He's been taking lessons in talking and singing from his older 'brother' Wolfie Barry James. But, now it appears that he's just learning stuff on his own.

He's developing an amazing vocabulary. I've never heard so many words coming from any bird this young. He's such a smartie-pants. I probably can't remember all the stuff he says, but I'll list what I can remember:
Baby Bird
Barry James
Come here
Kissmo baby (that's a funny one)
Twinkle, Twinkle, Twinkle
Smart
Smokey
Smokey Barry James
Gimme Kissie

I think that's a lot of stuff for a little guy who just turned 3 months old. And, he's doing heart wings already. I told Jeff that and he was surprised that such a young cockatiel would already be doing heart wings. If I hadn't gotten Smokey Bear when he was a featherless 2 week old baby, I'd think he was older. But, I have proof he's just 3 months old.

He keeps coming up with new words every day. I wonder how big his vocabulary will be???
Honestly, the 2 cockatiels spend virtually all of the time in their big cage. When they come out, they stay right on my shoulders. I have never kept a parrot in a cage like this before, but I've been under the weather and spending time working with Benny Francis, the 6 month old amazon. Smokey Bear and Wolfie Barry James go right back in their cage when I want them to. They're very comfortable there.

I'm thoroughly amazed at how clear Smokey Bear speaks. I think of the dormouse from Alice in Wonderland when I hear Smokey say 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Twinkle'. And, when he said his name and said 'Smart' I was taken by surprise.

If you look at the list of things he says, you'll see that he has a wide range of pronouncing things, so I'm wondering if you guys can make suggestions for what I can say around them that Smokey may find interesting that might be unique. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.