Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update + introducing two new peach faced lovebirds

Thanks

Re: Update + introducing two new peach faced lovebirds

Astro is Lutino and Opaline, that's why the red extend behind the head.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Hi Stephane it is nice to hear from you, wow I did not realise she had opaline in her too! If I remember correctly, in some of your posts you were trying to make a pure opaline lovebird too? You were really happy when you achieved the colour too. That is amazing, I have this lovebird compendium book from Belgium it is like an encyclopaedia of lovebird breeding (I thought it was abut caring for lovebirds, but it is mostly about achieving colours and has a small section on care) and I have been trying to find Astro in there but it is hard, but maybe if I look under opaline and lutino I will find her. I was thinking Astro will start to lose some of the red and just be lutino but maybe she will have a lot of red. She didnt have any black on her beak when she came and she was supposedly 11 weeks old, from the same breeder that Araik and Angel came from.

Thanks

Yes, I worked a long time to have Opaline, now I have a lots of them, most of my birds are Opaline or split to.
    When you speak of 'compendium book" are you speaking of the book of Dirk van Abeele?
    Lutino chicks doesn't have black on their beaks. If you're interested about combination of mutation I will send you a link where you can see a lot a pictures by choosing your own combination.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Aw that is great you have many now! Yes that is the book, the one by dirk van den Abeele. It is so big like an encyclopaedia. Do you have this book as well?

Ah I did not know that lutino's do not get back on their beaks, so I think her age was correct then. Her eyes are red too, different from the black that the others have. I would love to see the link to see the pictures, that would be great!

Thanks

They translated this book in french this years but it is already sold out . Thankfully another edition is planned. All the best breeders I know say the same thing about this book, "it's the bible of lovebirds" there is not a better book.

Lutino, pallid and cinnamon have red eyes at birth but it is always more visible with lutinos.

http://www.bird4life.com/roseicollis...abaserosei.php

You click on the combination you want and you should have the picture

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Thank you so much for the link. I think I even made a picture of Astro when I clicked opaline and recessive pied, except the red eyes were missing when I did it. This is a nice website! I'm going to try the colours of the other peach faces soon too. They are changing their colours so much and so quickly.

Oh that sucks that the book sold out in the French edition. I hope the new edition is released soon so you can get it. That must mean more new information will be included if it is a new edition, so it might be even better that the 2016 version. Maybe if you contact the publisher you can tell him to email you when it is released? When we purchased the book we purchased it directly from the publisher, his name is Ruud Plaisier and I think the publishing company is called About Pets.

Thanks

The new publisher is my own bird federation, I personally knows the translators ,)

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Oh that is definitely very useful to know them! I think you will have no problem getting the next edition, I hope it is updated and released soon.

Thanks

The new publisher is my own bird federation, I personally knows the translators ,) sadly they messed up a lot, I'm looking for an english edition.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Oh that sucks! I hope you are able to find an edition, I was told that they only made limited amounts, I found one website though that seems to say it is in stock, and will do International postage, they are in the USA, but looks like it is very expensive. It was expensive when it was first released too. This is the link if it helps: https://avianpublications.com/shop/l...ds-compendium/

Or I hope the new edition will come out very soon, keep an eye out on the release date, maybe you can preorder before it is released.

Remove Ads