Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Fall colors and wild horses

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Fall colors and wild horses

I know this is a bird forum but way back in the day we use to also talk about other things here and post pictures so I decided to share my day out with the Virginia Range wild horses and all the amazing fall colors in the desert. This range and herd of wild horses are actually the horses that Wild Horse Annie protected and saved from being slaughtered so they are a historical band of horses. I have friends who monitor them and have been privileged to help build fences and get them back to the high desert where they belong. I LOVE it out there and I also love the wild horses.

This is the Truckee River which flows from Lake Tahoe all the way to Pyramid lake in Nevada. It was jaw dropping beautiful near the river.

The aspens are amazing and if I could I would have posted a video so you could hear the as they say quaking in the wind. The colors were so vivid and beautiful.

I was blessed with this band coming down off the mountain to go to the river for a drink right when we were leaving. I am in love with paints and do not hardly see them out there so I was very excited to see this band. I have a big lens so these horses were not as close as you think. They were very curious of me but I walked slowly away to get them away from me.

This horse is amazing. She had a black tail and a black streak in her mane. I just wished she would have looked over to me...

Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Thanks

Re: Fall colors and wild horses

These fall colors are beautiful. We did not have wild horses here. I've always been impressed by horses and it's not these ones who are helping me

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I wished we had friendly horses who lived by me. These you have by you are super cute! I love there full winter coats on them.

I love the wild horses we have just across the border in Nevada. I go as often as I can get my hubby to take me, he wont let me go alone because they might get me or so he says...
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,168 Posts

Awww!!! Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures, Deanna, and the video, Stephane. And the foliage and tree colors are brilliant and beautiful.

Remove Ads