where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please keep good thoughts for Paradise victims

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Please keep good thoughts for Paradise victims

I am happy they came to visit with you. You are such a sweetheart having the kids come over to meet your granddaughters kids.

I think about all these poor people in Paradise trying to survive this winter with no home but a RV or Trailer. Its cold up there and RVs are not build for such cold weather.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

My granddaughter was a taxi dispatcher and her husband was a taxi driver. Nicole said they lost a lot of friends who died in the fire. She can still hear in her thoughts all their wonderful voices when they'd call for a cab. She misses them terribly.

It was wonderful to have the whole family here. What a nice break for them.
    They also took the time to visit other family members in Southern California while they were down this way. It will be a trip I'm sure they're going to savor for many years to come. They needed and deserved that trip.
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Family visits are always wonderful. Last year I drove by myself to my moms house in Tucson. It took 2 full days of driving there and 3 coming home but I loved it. I may do again soon just because there were so many beautiful views through Nevada and Arizona. Spending time with my mom at her house was the best part. Family is everything and no doubt your granddaughter will cherish her family trip too. That is so sad she had friends who died in the fire. I still am in shock a fire could wipe out so much so fast.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Teenager
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

It was a terrible tragedy. To make matters worse, before he left office, then Governor Brown sighed a paper stating he oks PGE billimg the ratepayers to cover the expenses the company will occur due to these fires in California.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Hi Pat,
    I have been reading this thread and I feel so sad for all these people including your family members. Are your Grandchildren and other residents of Paradise have any kind of fund raising going on, like a gofundme page? Are there any locations where people can donate household goods, clothing, toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo's, soaps, clothing, etc.. Even though I live in the Midwest, there are many times semi trucks park at the big retail stores and they try to fill a trailer of goods to bring to the residents that lost everything. They have had a lot of success after 9-11, hurricanes down south and even fires out west. I have made many donations of household items and I even purchased dog and cat food for the surviving animals. If there is any information you can post, that would be great. I would love to help out any way I can.
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    fmoosl
    Thanks

Oh, Pat, I am so sorry this has happened to your beloved family members! I will be keeping all of them and you in my prayers. I have been watching the weather channel, and see those cars trying to drive down the highway with those fire flames on both sides, and especially in the dark. I cry when I watch it, and I feel very sad for all your family members, and especially the precious little grand babies /children. That is a terrible emotional experience for them.

Remove Ads