Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :(

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

Re: :(

Ahhh - thanks Dea

Went back to the vet again, but inbetween I managed to clean Sammy's nose out a bit - vet is actually really happy with what I've achieved with him so far.

There was another crazy bird lover in the waiting room with a couple of keets and a tiel. By the time I'd come back from washing up, Dad (bless him, taking me to these appointments so I didn't have to drive myself ) had Sammy out in his hand giving scritches. So I decided to let him out and wander around (not the first time by far). The other parronts pulled out a cell phone and asks if she can photograph him. Second he sees it, he's down off my shoulder posing and bouncing up and down flocking calling excitedly.

If Bluey keeps going well, we can stop treatment in a couple of days - which I'm glad about as we've stained him a bit yellow around his beak and cere - though I'm not sure how as he takes his meds nicely

Sam is going to have to be on treatment for quite a bit longer. Vet has stocked me up with more nebuliser antibiotics, and oral ones - and as we're hitting him so hard with those, we're keeping him on anti-fungal to make sure no yeast or similar gets a chance to take hold. I've also got to find some probiotics as this is going to be a long term.

He is still pretty tired though - and by the time we got to the motorway, little one had passed out asleep on cage floor from the excitement of 20 min in the vet office. Poor little mite x

Thanks Lee for the adorable sig!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 1,178 Posts

Awww!!! Sammy was tuckered out!!!!! I am encouraged of their progress towards full healing. You have an awesome vet, for sure.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am very happy to read that Sammy is slowly getting better, he has really been on my mind because I know how much you must be stressing seeing him sick. Too many bad memories have to come back. That is too funny your Dad had Sammy out and little Sam charmed the other bird lady in the office. He sounds like a typical little lovie, always wanting all the attention and with there looks sure can catch peoples eyes. I just hope he don't get any kind of fungus or yeast from all the antibiotics he is taking and happy you are getting him a probiotic.

That is GREAT Bluey is doing so well and hopefully very soon Sam will decide its time to respond and get rid of his infection quickly. HUGS to you and keep up the good work Helen.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads