Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: HELP!!!... trying to save 3 babies ..

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Kathy Kenney
    Thanks

HELP!!!... trying to save 3 babies ..

hi there everyone and thanks so much for the ad to the group … blessing where I can ask for help and hopefully get the correct answers my passion for love birds started 5 yrs ago when I purchased 2 beautiful black face love birds... suppose to be a bonded pair but ended up being 2 females I lost one this yr sadly that was hard on me and my sweetie bird and I felt my female needed a new friend she seems quiet not her normal self...so ended up getting 2 peachface love birds to put beside her while I'm on the hunt for a black face male for her …. so while looking I came across this ad where a young girl is basically crying trying to home her 3 semi tame peachface babies...
    I know that's not what i'm looking for but she stated the parents are mean with them and chase them off she's scared they will get hurt or killed by the parents
    she is now asking 20.00 each... my question ...If I rescue these 3 couple months old … could I put them in with my black face female ? ..because to be honest 2 large cages is all I can handle in my dinning room … would she as well chase them away or would she accept them ? even tho they are different breeds

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: HELP!!!... trying to save 3 babies ..

I wished I could help you but I am not sure. It is possible they could all go on the same cage but if things got bad between them you would need another cage right away to separate the masked from the peachies.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Kathy Kenney
    Thanks

Thank you ...that's where i'm at I do have another cage, in storage just ...only place I can keep my birds is the dining room because of 2 kitties and 2 dogs ...the dining room is closed off with half doors but it's not a big dining room with furniture already in place I so want to help these 3 little ones her post has been on for over 3 weeks

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I would get out the other cage or it least get it ready to get out and use and see if the masked lovie will tolerate having these three baby lovies in with her. If not then you will have the other cage ready to go. But also that would mean you would still have your masked lovie all alone and other cage to put in your small dining room. Or you could try to find them a new home if they didn't get along but that would be hard because no doubt you are going to fall hard for three young peachies, I sure know I would.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads