Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Question

Name
    Jean
    Thanks

Question

We have 2 canaries that have been in a new cage for about 2 months and although they were next to each other before in side by side flight cages there was no issue. However they are now in a divided custom cage with plexiglass in the middle and spend too much time pecking at the glass to get other one's attention or bouncing up and down having a fit. We would like to put something across part of the plexiglass so they can't see each other and hopefully settle out. Is it safe to use 3m command hooks to temporarily hang a curtain or aquarium back ground in front of the plexiglass? Or does anyone have other ideas?

Name
    Donna
    Thanks

Re: Question

How do i ask a question on this site? i been on here now quite a while, and still have not found a answer, to "how to ask a question"
    My female budgies eggs are hatching 1 baby is 2 days days old, What do i give the parents to feed the babie budgie, is there a name of what it is called. or is there anything anyone might know that can be purchased at a grocey store, I am so worried that the babies aren't getting what they need to survive.
    Thank You so much in advance, I will check on the site periodically

Name
    Donna
    Thanks

Re: Mom and Dad Budgie to feed babies

Hi, I think I may have just found the answer to my question. I hope i'm in the right place. I am in need of some advice, My females eggs are hatching, what do I put in the cage for food that the parents can fed the baby budgies? Is there something i can purchase at a grocery store to feed them, to feed the babies, 1 of the babies is 2 days old now. I am worried they won't survive if i am not feeding them proper food. All advice would be appreciated, and thanks in advance. If there is some type of baby formula (even at a grocery store) does anyone have the name of the formula?
    Thanks again!

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,246 Times in 1,245 Posts

Re: Question

The good seed mix you are feeding, cuttlebone, and if you wish to use a mineral block, and fresh green lettuce and cilantro would be a good diet. The father and mother eat all of this, and then they regurgitate the seeds and feed the babies. So there is no need to buy any other special foods. The seed mix or pellet mix should have vitamins in it. You could also feed some chopped up frozen veggies that have been thawed, and some fresh apples chopped finely in a food chopper. Do not feed boiled eggs or egg foods to your pair.

If for any reason the parents would not feed the babies, you would need to handfeed them. You can get a can of powdered baby bird food formula at the pet shop to have in case of emergency only. But as long as parents are feeding the babies, and they are growing and thriving, you would not need to use the formula or handfeed the babies.
    Last edited by maxollie; 03-20-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Remove Ads