Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Benny Francis is learning stuff!

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Benny Francis is learning stuff!

Benny Francis, my yellow naped Amazon baby is now 9 months old. He's such a character! I thought you'd like to hear about some of his escapades.

1. I tell Benny Francis that all men he meets are Uncle (their name). And all kids are Baby (their name). Women are Aunty or Tia (for the spanish speaking neighbors).
    One neighbor I see frequently who pays a lot of attention to Benny Francis is named Art. I often tell Benny Francis, 'Let's go see Uncle Art'. But, one day I said 'Let's go see Art'. I left out the Uncle. But Benny Francis surprised me by saying in his silly deep gravelly voice, 'Uncle Art, hahaha!' It was too funny to hear! I still laugh at that.

2. I play an old album by Julio Iglesias titled 'A Mexico' in which he sings classic ranchera and romantica songs. I want Benny Francis to learn to sing 'Cucu ru cucu Paloma'. Today, he sang 'Cu Cu Cu RRU'. Then he said 'Paloma'!!!!

3. He has a little teacher in 6 month old cockatiel Smokey Beary James. Smokey's been talking up a storm since he was 3 months old. Smokey loves to whistle the Andy Griffith Theme and Benny Francis is learning it from that baby. He's also learning 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Twinkle' from the baby cockatiel.

4. I had heard Benny Francis say 'Francis' a few weeks ago, but today when I was in another room, he actually finally said 'Benny Francis'.

I have a video of him practicing singing. No words, but he's learning to use his voice to sing.

I'm sharing this with you all because it's a most amazingly wonderful experience to witness this beautiful baby begin to speak and sing. And, to top it off, he's also realizing the meaning of some words. What a joy! It's just like when I was young and my kids were babies just learning to walk, talk and do things on their own. The nice thing about witnessing a parrot develop is that when I can't or don't want to spend time with him, I can just put him in his cage where he's very happy to play with all his toys.

Life is wonderful and full of wonders. Being a Parront is a joy.
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 1,249 Posts

Re: Benny Francis is learning stuff!

Awww!! Now that is amazing and awesome. You are just astounding in bird care They respond to you just as though they were human children!!! And sooooo intelligent they all are! You are the best caregiver. THE BEST!!!

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

There's a neighbor named Art that Benny Francis loves. I refer to Art as Uncle Art to Benny Francis. To my amazement, yesterday Benny Francis started saying 'Where's Uncle Art' over and over. I don't say that to him. I normally say 'Let's go see Uncle Art'. But for some reason Benny Francis learned 'Where's Uncle Art'. He's been saying it all day today, too.

Yesterday, I was talking with a plumber and had the bird with me. I said 'let's go see Uncle Art' and Benny Francis got all excited until we went into the other room where Art was.

It's amazing how birds pick up on certain people!
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 1,249 Posts

. This little guy is just sooooooo smart.....it amazes me!!!!

Remove Ads