Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Female Budgie stargazing, moving her head continously... !!!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Female Budgie stargazing, moving her head continously... !!!

Hey,

I have a pair of budgies. the female seems to be having stargazing. she continued moving her head round and round . Any solution or help guys? she seems fine other then eats well, poops well, plays well.

Thank you.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Female Budgie stargazing, moving her head continously... !!!

I am sorry to read this and really hope its not stargazing. Avianweb (Beauty of birds) has a good writeup on stargazing, https://www.beautyofbirds.com/stargazing.html

I think the girl who started the site might have had a lovebird who stargazed but I could be wrong. Boomer had a strange head jerk when he got sick and I searched stargazing and found good information on helping Boomer on this site. Thankfully Boomer was not a stargazer. It is now the Beauty of Birds website and I have found great bird information.

Please keep us updated on your sweet bird and like I said I am sorry your bird might have this awful issue.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    I am sorry to read this and really hope its not stargazing. Avianweb (Beauty of birds) has a good writeup on stargazing, https://www.beautyofbirds.com/stargazing.html

I think the girl who started the site might have had a lovebird who stargazed but I could be wrong. Boomer had a strange head jerk when he got sick and I searched stargazing and found good information on helping Boomer on this site. Thankfully Boomer was not a stargazer. It is now the Beauty of Birds website and I have found great bird information.

Please keep us updated on your sweet bird and as I said I am sorry your bird might have this awful issue.
    Thank you so much for the link. I have gone through it. Unfortunately, yes she might have this. She many times continuously watching upwards to the seeling. many time moving her had in round formations

Now, is there anything that I can help her? I am giving here a B12 supplement. any other thing that I can do for her?

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

As far as I know there is really nothing to help stargazers but if you set up her cage so that she does not fall and hurt herself she can live with this for a long time. It has to break your heart seeing her doing this Boomer did this weird thing with his crop and had a head twitch because his crop had a ulcer in it so I know how seeing your bird do something they are not suppose to do makes you feel so awful. Truly my heart hurts for you and your sweet bird. Love her and cherish her and give her a good life and she will be OK with you. Hugs.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    As far as I know there is really nothing to help stargazers but if you set up her cage so that she does not fall and hurt herself she can live with this for a long time. It has to break your heart seeing her doing this Boomer did this weird thing with his crop and had a head twitch because his crop had a ulcer in it so I know how seeing your bird do something they are not suppose to do makes you feel so awful. Truly my heart hurts for you and your sweet bird. Love her and cherish her and give her a good life and she will be OK with you. Hugs.
    hope she will get well soon. i am providing her everything that she needs.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Premal
    Thanks

Hey guys after so long time I am here again with this budgie.
    This budgie is in a cage which is painted with powder coated color.
    She is continuously eating this color. It's really very hard to peel off the color from the bar but with her strong beak, she is eating that. I don't know how to stop her. She had many toys and calcium block in her cage. Also, there is a companion with her.

Guys, can you help me with her situation?

Thank you

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,264 Times in 1,263 Posts

I would be getting a new stainless steel cage immediately. Birds can die from ingesting powder coating, and can get very, very sick before they die. Talk to your breeder friend about this problem immediately..

Name
    Amber H
    Thanks

Hi, I hope your baby is feeling better.
    I had never heard of stargazing before this thread. My budgies have hung upside-down and rotated their heads before, but not continuously. I thought they were just playing, like how when I was a kid I'd lay upside-down in a chair and stare at the world being topsy-turvy. Is this a behavior youve seen happen frequently? I would only consider this as 'stargazing' if it were to happen more that, say, once a month. With that being said, I am not sure if I am correct about it being for fun as opposed to a sickness. Once again, this term is very new to me.

Remove Ads