where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Please help :( :(

Name
    Rebecca
    Thanks

Unhappy Please help :( :(

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask a quick question, my pet conure MAY have accidentally taken a sip or 2 of my drink which had dissovalble asprin in it.
    I was completely out of it as I had to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep last night and when I woke up just wasn't thinking clearly. I put my glass down on the side and went to the bathroom. When I came back I noticed he was playing right next to where I left my glass. So I have no idea if the drank from it or not. But he usually does. So now I'm really worried whether he's ok? It was Alka-Seltzer xpress (with caffeine). I'm really worried because I've had to go to work and leave him at home not knowing . If anyone can let me know if they have ever experienced this before i would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Re: Please help :( :(

I am not a conure owner, but I do know birds do digest food and fluids rather quickly. There metabolism rate is high. What was duration of the time you noticed that he may have sipped your drink from the time you left for work? did your bird act or behave differently than the norm? Many years ago, a friend of mine had a lovie and it took a couple of sips from her glass beer. We watched the bird closely and the bird was okay. Just keep a close eye on your conure. You still don't know if it even took a drink..
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Remove Ads