Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Today is Benny Francis' First Birdthday

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Today is Benny Francis' First Birdthday

Hi all,

Benny Francis is 1 year old today!
    He's talking a heck of a lot. He's doing real well and I wanted everyone to know how happy he is.

I haven't posted in a while. The owners of the property I manage sold the place and I was told I'd be able to stay on.
    Lo and behold! The new owners gave me 30 days to leave. They already have a relative who's going to manage the place.

I've been in deep despair, trying to figure out what would happen to me. I lost my home, my job and my income all at once after 14 years here. And, I'm 72 years old. Too old for most jobs.

But, happy, happy news! One of the potential buyers I showed the property to hired me! I have a new home, a great job and lotst of benefits I never had at this old job. And, in the apartment I'm going to, there's a 'bonus' room. All the people who work at the new place keep saying that's going to be Benny Francis' own room!

Sorry I haven't been in touch, but I've been going through a lot of stuff, as you can imagine. Anyway, all is going to be great!!
    I'll get back in touch as soon as I settle in to the new job and new home.
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 1,209 Posts

Re: Today is Benny Francis' First Birdthday

Pat, you have been tbrough a terrible life challenge with the job loss. It sounds like you will have the perfect new home for you and for Benny Francis and all of your flock, if you still have others. Sending hugs to you and scritches to Benny too! And the whole flock! We will welcome you and your flock anytime. Please update when you can!

HAPPY FIRST BIRD-TH DAY, BENNY FRANCIS!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY WITH YOUR BIRDY MOM, PAT!!!
    Last edited by maxollie; 03-25-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Thank you Ellen! Benny Francis sends you a BIIIGGG KISS for the scritches!

It was a terrible life challenge, but I kept my focus on the one who matters most and helps us all - Holy Father God. That kept me happy through it all.

It's so amazing how many people care about me. Times like these you surely find out who is there for you. Not only was it like a miracle the way I got my new home and job, it also was a time of beautiful awareness of who around me is truly my friend. So many people! I never knew how many people love me. WOW! I am truly blessed in these days. So, I gotta think that it's part of God's Plan to help me by giving me this experience. It's time for a change, and it turned out so fabulous!!

And Benny Francis may have his own room!!
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017

Fledgeling
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

Happy Birthday, Benny Francis. You got lucky. The relative was ready to move into your place when you caught another break, a job and you have a place to keep Benny Francis with you. You are right, 72 years old is not easy to find a job at that age. Hope you last for years on your new job.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Thanks, Bill.
    I got so fortunate with this. It's so nice that the staff at the new place is so welcoming to Benny Francis. I was near panic when I first heard that I had to move. Now, I'm on cloud 9. And, as small as the new apartment is, I love it. It has an odd layout, but it's perfect for me and my fids. And if Benny Francis starts getting loud, I'm in the farthest corner of the property where he can get as loud as he wants and not disturb anyone. What would be the absolute best situation in the whole world is if they'd let me take Benny Francis to the office while I work. But, I'm not going to even count on that.

While I move, Benny Francis and the cockatiels are going to be boarded at the bird store. He can visit his best friend, a cockatoo named Scooter! That's going to be fun for him.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 1,209 Posts

I totally agree with your reply, Pat! I too have experienced miracles in my life that I know could come from no one but Father God and the Universe. At our age, it is great to know we are special to many who reach out to us in time of life challenges, of which every one of us have on our journey toward God and the heaven where we all will arrive, in His way and time!

Happy, Happy Spring, Pat! How is your family doing after the terrible experience they had in the fire!

Yaaay Benny!! I hope you can post pics of his new room!!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Happy birdthday to Benny Francis!!

I am so happy that things worked out for you Pat and you found a new job and also a new home. It is tough in this world these days and thankfully everything worked out for you.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Thanks for the great well-wishes!
    Regarding my granddaughter and her family, she's doing real well considering. They're waiting for a house to close in another city near Chino. From what she said, a lot of Paradise residents are going there, too.

Remove Ads