Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Every rude word under sun - panic

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

Every rude word under sun - panic

I can't bloody believe this. Sam got half sat on. Saw it coming and screamed at him to stop - but happened anyway. Sam was kind of tucked tail half under him with head and collar (thank goodness) sticking out.

It's late night here and best avian vet I trust is long closed and miles and miles away.

Sammy was a bit ruffled - but is bouncing around playing with his toy and nicking treats. Just pooped and looks normal and everything - no weird colours. he's had a little fly, and I've checked him over - but still totally freaked out. This was maybe 10-15 min ago.

Will you guys please reassure me and tell me if something was going to happen it would have happened already and that because he's bouncing around with his jangle he is fine.

He was a bit stressed afterwards - but that might have (probably) been cause I was totally freaking out too! To be honest he was more upset by bit of feather on his eye than the squishing

But rude words I'm panicking

Thanks Lee for the adorable sig!

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 1,261 Posts

Re: Every rude word under sun - panic

Oh, I sure hope and pray he is OK today! Any updates?

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

Yeah - he's been bouncing around today thanks

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Thank goodness he is better today. I am sorry this happened but it is so easy to do with lovebirds because they seem to always want to be on chairs or worse on the floor. Sadly Boomer was sat on twice by my lovely daughter when she was young. And his head was smashed in a drawer and he bounced right back. In the drawer smash he actually threw up right away and since it was a Sunday there were no vets open except the main UC Davis school for avian students and it was 2 hours away. We called and they told us to kept him nice and warm in a quiet place for a few hours and he seemed OK. Within one day he was back to normal and Carissa learned to be more careful because that was a close call. In her defence she was only 5 when we got him and kids will be kids. After the head smash and her thinking he was dying she didnt smash him again.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

OMG Dea- that's terrifying!

Poor Boomer - and Carissa

though I am reminded of at least one occasion when Sammy got clonked on the head too. Combination of him being silly, and humans being too slow. He bounced off a perch head first and the whole cage SHOOK. But he seemed ok afterwards, and dad told me stories of far worse. They used to get blackbirds and starlings nesting in and around the garage. - which was corrrogated metal. More than once or twice they'd see birds shoot into the garage, huge clang and the structure would rattle. A couple of times he picked stunned birds off the floor - but they always recovered and hopped off.

Good thtick skulls I guess.

Was funny last night though. Watching Sammy give a certain someone the evil eye every time they moved. You know the lovebird look. "I have a sharp beak, and the only reason you're not bleeding right now is I haven't decided if I want to bite yet... but it's a close run thing" lol

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Those poor blackbirds and starlings! That had to hurt! And Sammy knocking his head hard enough to shake it! Birds really must have hard heads. Its so terrifying to see them hit there heads like that and I am happy Sammy is feeling better today. Too funny about the stink eye he is giving the boyfriend
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads