where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Is my Whiteface lutino also a cinnamon

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Ruby
    Thanks

Is my Whiteface lutino also a cinnamon

Hi yesterday I was given beautiful whiteface lutino for mothers day we were told it is a girl and that she is 1 month out of the nest the parent birds are cock=looked normal grey and Hen =all white so assuming she is a white face lutino but she was very quick to jump back in the nest box so didn't get a good look at her.. our new baby has some tan tail feathers and flight feathers so wondering if she is cinnamon lutino or something like that or can lutino have some pale tan feathers?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any reply's

Ps trying to figure out how to upload a pic
    Last edited by Rubyred; 05-12-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,246 Times in 1,245 Posts

Re: Is my Whiteface lutino also a cinnamon

You can post pics in your gallery. Click on gallery and it will instruct you how to upload pics. Or you can get a tiny pic on line account and upload them to this website. If I can see pics that will help me to make comments on the new baby! Congrats!! What an awesome Mother's Day present.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Ruby
    Thanks

thanks i have just added pics of her to my album ive been trying to get a good pic of her flight feathers as she has a nice pale tan on part of them but she wont closes her wings when i get close.
    She was aviary bred so im letting her adjust before i give her time out of her cage.
    She has barring on her tail i was told that this mutation shouldn't have that and that's whats got me questioning if there may be another mutation as well in her

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

She or he is totally beautiful! I did some on line research and in my view her mutation is...white face pied. Even though the tail feathers look light cinnamon or grey co!or, he or he is still considered to be white face pied. Do a Google search as follows: pictures of white face pied cockatiels. Also, do a google search for...white face pied cockatiel mutation. And also google National Cockatiel Society and read all about the white face pied cockatiel mutation.

White face !ike this one generally are not considered Lutino. If this bird had ruby read eyes he or she would be an albino, which is a white lutino

Perhaps the breeder would tell you what mutation the parents of your cockatiel are. I think white face are stunning looking birds.

The word pied means several different co!ors of feathers. Are the eyes black?
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-14-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Ruby
    Thanks

thanks Maxollie
    the breeder was nice but not very helpful in terms of her mutation i believe they are his elderly fathers birds. his father told him she was a girl. the parents i didnt get a good look at but the cock looked like a normal wild type and the hen jumped in and out of the box as she was on eggs again but looked white the guy said her colors where almost the same as my girls. i had thought clear pied at one point but her nails are clear and her eyes are very dark they look black but in the sun i thought i caught a flash of very deep red

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

You could have caught that dark ruby red! Time will tell! I do think you probably have a girl, but it is abit early as yet to tell. Girls are very docile and loving. Boys are very verbal, and more active. They also can mimic sounds, and whistle songs. All cockatiels are very intelligent. In a few weeks you should see different behaviors that should help to decide if you have a girl.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Ruby
    Thanks

update
    my baby now wolf whistles and seems to be making up his or her own little songs specially early in the mornings. he\she loves a good scratch and being out of the cage very affectionate and will fly around the house to follow me.
    i have noticed a pale tan starting to show on the feathers on the wings and the flights and tail seem to have darkened the eyes too have changed the middle of the eye is defiantly black but i cant quite make up my mind what color the colored part of the eye is it seems to be between a brown and a greenish color

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Could you post a new picture?

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Ruby
    Thanks

hi Maxollie
    sorry i have been busy only just had a chance to upload new pics of Snow today Snow really has a gorgeous personality and loves flying to people and having a good scratch

thanks Ruby

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Awww!!!! She is soooo beautiful!!!! I am sending her hugs!!!!! It is always difficult to judge pictures, when the eyes are a topic, because cameras often times do not pick up ruby red colors. I see the cinnamon colored feathers on her, including under the tail, even though they are very light color, and I also see her cheeks are very light color cinnamon color, and so are the few other feathers on her. So I do think she is a pied. I am so happy for you that you have her. Hens are so very loving, and docile.

I will do some more research on line. If I find anything else, I will post. On the pics the eyes are black, but, they could be ruby. Thanks for the update! Enjoy her, every single day!

Remove Ads