where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Introducing Izzy!

Proud Birdie Momma Brand New Egg bbraven's Avatar
    Name
    Briana
    Thanks

Smile Introducing Izzy!

I just wanted to share some photos of the latest addition to our family: Izzy.
    Named after Eddie Izzard, due to his gender-fluid nature and the fact that the shop said she's a she, but she shows some male behavior. We decided to pick a cute name that can go either way.
    Izzy is about 3-4 months old. She's loving, playful and a really great baby. After losing our beloved Stoli who passed at the age of 13, we needed another baby to love. When we went looking at birds in the shop, this little white face was so happy to see us! She started running back and forth and bobbing, she was the only one that seemed to be truly interested in us. We knew she was the one!

I've included some extra shots in case it might help identify Izzy's gender. The one of her and Ghost is there just because it's so darn cute! He was good friends with Stoli, and he warmed up to his new feathered sibling quite quickly.

Izzy Album

(I would have posted the images here, but the BBcode for resizing wouldn't work, and I didn't feel like editing them all to be smaller. Sorry.)
    Briana Blair
    ----------------------
    ~ Visit my Homepage ~ See my Art ~ Read my Books ~

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 1,243 Posts

Re: Introducing Izzy!

Awww! She or he is precious and beautiful. I would lean toward female, but for me, it would be too early to tell for sure. I can sure understand why you love her soooo much! Wishing you a wonderful journey with her.

Name
    Briana
    Thanks

She's adorable, right? I adore her already. Hubby's pretty attached too, and he was never a bird person until I came along. I've never had one with this coloring before. She's our little shadow birdie.
    Briana Blair
    ----------------------

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Izzy is beautiful!! So is Ghost and hopefully no accidents will happen between them. My dogs were somewhat friends with Boomer because they all grew up together but I still always worried about two big Rottweilers being around Boomer. Silly Boomer loved those dogs and the two big old Rotties were petrified of the little Boomer. I kept a very close eye on Boomer because he had to fly to the dogs every chance he got which was rare because they stayed in the back porch area with a door between them. We know our pets and it sounds like Ghost knows not to mess with the little birds.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Briana
    Thanks

Ghost is great with birds. He'll try to pat their tail once in a while, but if they flap, he goes running! He mostly like to watch what they're doing. My other cat Jynx, she has always hated birds. She wants nothing to do with them and will run away if she sees them out. I do always keep an eye on them anyway, you never know when someone's going to get a wild hair. Luckily though, I've never had an incident in 31 years of having cats and birds in the same home.
    Briana Blair
    ----------------------

Remove Ads