Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Help!!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Help!!

Stan got his foot stuck between the bars on top of his cage. I managed to free him but now he's favoring it. Bit the hell out of my hand. No bleeding but I'm afraid he might have hurt himself. Should I just watch him to see if he's okay? Nearest avian vet is an hour away and I'm broke...

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Re: Help!!

Okay, so he's still able to walk and scratch with it but he still only stands on one leg. I feel so bad. My hands were shaking when I was trying to free him. He's currently chirping and eating poop which is normal for him but birds are really good at hiding illness and injury...

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Help!!

Birds are pretty strong little souls and I think he will be OK. Boomer hurt himself often and would rest for a day or so and be right back to normal the next day. We always kept him in a small cage when he got hurt and made sure he was nice and warm for it least a day before we let him out to do his normal daily things again. I think since he is walking on it that is a great sign. If it still seems sore today and he is still not fully standing on it he might need a vet.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads