Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: How active is this community?

Name
    Amber H
    Thanks

How active is this community?

Hello! I am very new here. I just made an account yesterday.
    How active is this community? I see a few new posts made today so would you say logging in once a day would suffice? I would very much like to be able to have informative interactions and make a few friends. My mail goal is to give and receive feedback on bird-related issues, such as training, health, and nutrition. Maybe some cool recipes to serve up to my budgies, too.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Re: How active is this community?

It doesn't seem as active as other forums. When I introduced myself I think it took two weeks before someone answered. I frequent here because I'm new as well and eager for some kind of interaction since I live alone with almost zero social circles.

Name
    Amber H
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Averlus View Post
    It doesn't seem as active as other forums. When I introduced myself I think it took two weeks before someone answered. I frequent here because I'm new as well and eager for some kind of interaction since I live alone with almost zero social circles.
    Yeah its been 3 days now for me and so far you're the only person who has responded to one of my posts.I am eager for interaction because Im socially inept lol. Hello!
    Rest in peace, Earl-ly bird

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

This web page was very active when I first signed up in 2008ish. Since many people use Facebook, activity has went down. I am not a Facebook user but I do try to visit at least once a week. Also, it is summer here and many people do go on vacation, and there graduation parties, weddings, It always seems like I am doing yard work, etc.. Plus many of us work full time including myself.

Welcome to the community!!! I am sure maxollie (Ellen) and Boomergirl (Deanna) will pop in too.
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Yep, it is not active at all and its sad because when I joined it was very active. I hang around here because it is a great forum and has lots of people I have known for many years here. I also told myself to stay here because I sure know when Boomer was sick I came here to seek out help and was so happy to find people who cared and loved birds as much as I do. Without this forum and the people who helped me no doubt Boomer would have never lived for years after he first got sick. Its almost like a promise to myself to help people here just like everyone else helped me and Boomer when we needed it the most because he was such a sick little boy. I do miss how active it once was but I too am a facebook user and know how it too pulled me away from here. I also work full time so its hard to come here as often as before. We all need to share our love for our birds here and I love to check in and see whats new when I can.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    Yep, it is not active at all and its sad because when I joined it was very active. I hang around here because it is a great forum and has lots of people I have known for many years here. I also told myself to stay here because I sure know when Boomer was sick I came here to seek out help and was so happy to find people who cared and loved birds as much as I do. Without this forum and the people who helped me no doubt Boomer would have never lived for years after he first got sick. Its almost like a promise to myself to help people here just like everyone else helped me and Boomer when we needed it the most because he was such a sick little boy. I do miss how active it once was but I too am a facebook user and know how it too pulled me away from here. I also work full time so its hard to come here as often as before. We all need to share our love for our birds here and I love to check in and see whats new when I can.
    Deanna, you and Ellen are like family!!
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulbudgies View Post
    Hello! I am very new here. I just made an account yesterday.
    How active is this community? I see a few new posts made today so would you say logging in once a day would suffice? I would very much like to be able to have informative interactions and make a few friends. My mail goal is to give and receive feedback on bird-related issues, such as training, health, and nutrition. Maybe some cool recipes to serve up to my budgies, too.
    Hi and welcome to the community..

Tiels:

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulbudgies View Post
    Yeah its been 3 days now for me and so far you're the only person who has responded to one of my posts.I am eager for interaction because Im socially inept lol. Hello!
    Hi and welcome... hang in there.. Grant you, this page is not as active as it used to be, but there are a few of us still out there.

Tiels:

Name
    Amber H
    Thanks

Hi everybody! I am very reassured now that this isnt a dead forum. Its nice to meet you all. I hadnt thought of people being busy because of the season so I appreciate that input. I hope I can make some good contributions to this community and get to have a few friends that are as bird-obsessed as I am.
    Rest in peace, Earl-ly bird

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Hi Amber and Averlus nice to meet you both! And hello to everyone else who has posted on this thread. I'm not a facebook user so this forum is all I have when it comes to talking about birds. I'm also a member of parrotforums too but I've literally only posted 2 or three times there. And I think I only joined because I had issues joining tailfeathers at first, so I joined there as I was desperate for advice on one my my lovebirds. But I have found I have gotten amazing advice here on tailfeathers and even though I sometimes might not log in for long periods of time, I feel like I have made good friends here. Like averlus, I don't have much of a social circle either, not like I used to anyway. I'm a full time university student, but I study via distance so I'm always at home. Sometimes things get hectic here with the birds (if you read my many posts, you will see I have many birds now lol) or I just get overwhelmed with studies that I have to prioritise some of that work for some time before anything else. I really hope this forum does not disappear. I would be really sad to not be able to talk to some of the members on here who I feel close to even though it is just online without seeing anyone's faces except birdies .

I do find that this forum can be quite active. I think the longest I might not have seen it too active is for a week perhaps, maybe even less. Sometimes new users will appear and be active on the forums for a long time but then all of a sudden disappear as well.

Anyway just thought I would mention that I am around too I noticed you posted on my budgie thread so I'm going to take a look at that too and have a browse on the forums.

Remove Ads