where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: RIP Capri

Brand New Egg
    Name
    insh
    Thanks

RIP Capri

Been an extremely hard past couple of days. Our baby girl Capri passed two days ago and we are having a tough time dealing with it. We had Capri and Maui since they were 3.5 weeks old and they have been a pair for 2.5 years. Parents of 8 babies and 3 clutches. Sadly Capri is now gone and Maui is left behind with two of his sons Maui Jr and Shadow and brothers Mango and Kiwi. They all got time to see and say goodbye to her before we burried her. Capri was a very gentle female she would always want to snuggle in our shirts or under our necks. When she had her clutches she would allow us to pet her and the newborns with no complaints nor biting. She would take any scratches we give her, or petting to her or the babies. Anyone we told that too would always be shocked saying no females are like that and we were very special to have that bond with her. We were, and will never forget the joy she brought us. You will be missed our sweet Capri. We will love you and remember you forever.
    Last edited by insh; 12-06-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    insh
    Thanks

Last edited by insh; 12-06-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 1,291 Posts

Re: RIP Capri

Rest in peace and fly high and free, beautiful Capri!! You know, she had a beautiful, angelic face, and I know there are angels with her now!! I am soooo sorry this happened!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: RIP Capri

My heart hurts for you She was very beautiful and sounds like a very amazing lovebird who loved you as much you loved her. Words cannot even express how sorry I am for you and sadly so many of us here feel your pain because we have gone through it before. When they are snuggle birds like your Capri it makes it perhaps a little bit harder because they really do love to snuggle right up to your skin. You can feel their little bodies almost purr because they love us so much.

When Boomer died after a very long illness a girl here sent me this link to this poem. For some reason it was one of the biggest things that helped me through my loss. I am not deeply religious but I do know there is something in spirit that watches over us. I hope this poem will help you will like it did me.
    http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/c...Lend-Me-a-Bird

Fly free Capri, you were very much loved...
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.