where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: So hard looking for aviaries

Hybrid View

Name
    Tarryn
    Thanks

So hard looking for aviaries

Decided to just look at both metal and wood and see what can find. It seems to expensive to get a new metal one unless I am lucky . But even then I am struggling as most seem to have no safety door on them. I found one wood one that seems okay, it needs door repaired but it looked mostly okay for a used one. Worst thing is its too far away and parents won't pick it up for me. So that one is probabaly a no.

I wish could get somebody to build one for me. I'd love something bigger with two sections really then could have some other species of birds. But haha probs never gonna happen as dad won't want more the grass taken up. Plus then if If I move out in few years it could be an issue if no space for it. LOL but space for avairies is a must in my eyes XDD

Also google images has better aviaries then can find for sale lol. I can only dream I suppose.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: So hard looking for aviaries

I would hate to have to find a bird aviary that is prebuilt because no matter what you are going to find flaws in them if you are a paranoid bird owner like all of us here. Heck I had a hard time finding perches and toys that I fully trusted and then had a hard time with positioning the perchs and toys in places that I knew for sure would be safe with curious birds not getting stuck somehow. I hate to admit it but fear of having a bird hurt or worse dying because something I could avoid is my reason for not owning a bird anymore. I just love on my daughters and sisters birds now and it is so fun to spoil them rotten.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Tarryn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    I would hate to have to find a bird aviary that is prebuilt because no matter what you are going to find flaws in them if you are a paranoid bird owner like all of us here. Heck I had a hard time finding perches and toys that I fully trusted and then had a hard time with positioning the perchs and toys in places that I knew for sure would be safe with curious birds not getting stuck somehow. I hate to admit it but fear of having a bird hurt or worse dying because something I could avoid is my reason for not owning a bird anymore. I just love on my daughters and sisters birds now and it is so fun to spoil them rotten.
    Yeah I just want to design one myself so it way I want. But dad not have time and I don't know anybody so trying to find one I am happy enough with. But lol so far not pleased with any enough to get them. But yeah I get that, mum thinks I am too paranoid about some things regarding my birds. Honestly fact my aviary got rust and holes scares me. And aww I scared to own Quails again because of mum accidentally causing one to drown when I was a kid. She gave them a dish that was too deep for bird bath. I love Quails and I'd love to have them again, but scared. But atm unless could have two avairies or one with to flights/sections I worried Dispey my Cockatiel would attack them as he can get aggressive to other birds he doesnt like.

but least you have your daughters and friends birbs to play with.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I actually am happy I do not personally own any animals anymore. I am free to go and do whatever I want without any kind of worries and no more outrageous vet bills for me as well. I feel very lucky to have my daughter living right next to us here because I get to see her two very spoiled chickens, two cats, one dog and Tikki everyday if I want to see them. Its the best situation for both me and my daughter, she has a good pet sitter and we have animals to love.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Tarryn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    I actually am happy I do not personally own any animals anymore. I am free to go and do whatever I want without any kind of worries and no more outrageous vet bills for me as well. I feel very lucky to have my daughter living right next to us here because I get to see her two very spoiled chickens, two cats, one dog and Tikki every day if I want to see them. It's the best situation for both me and my daughter, she has a good pet sitter and we have animals to love.
    Yeah animals can be a lot of responsibility and money. Vet bills are crazy @_@ But animals bring me so much happiness so I just deal with all that. But yes least have a family with animals ^^