Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Beware of Wayley's Dailies - Based out of Rockford, Ill USA

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Beware of Wayley's Dailies - Based out of Rockford, Ill USA

I thought I would alert all of my fellow FID Lovers!!!

I was at the local parrot rescue picking up some food for Tango and there was a sign posted about a company that makes bird food. It's called Wayley's Dailies based out of Rockford, Illinois and they claim to be organic. When I reviewed the website, all the items looked dehydrated. So I decided to dig deeper and people are complaining that shipments are not being sent out as promised, orders are missing labels for ingredients and weight, the packaging is inferior and the scary part is birds are getting VERY ILL and some of them have even died from this food source.

When I spoke to the owner of the parrot rescue, she ensured me that anything that is made like the birdie bread, carrots and peas mash is all made by her and her employees. She was very concerned that if any of her customers purchased food from Wayley's Dailies, their birds life could be at risk. Many of the birds that were eating this food had suffered liver problems and many of them had to go through detox.

There are many complaints about this store on the Better Business Bureau website. Since I am not a facebook user and hubby is, he was was also reading about other people who have used this product as a food source for their beloved fids and they are either extremely ill or perished.

I added a link for your review..

https://www.bbb.org/us/il/rockford/p...stomer-reviews

The Facebook page my husband found was called "Happy Wings Sanctuary". It was absolutely shocking what I read..
    Last edited by Pipers Mom; 01-22-2020 at 06:31 AM. Reason: additional information
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 1,296 Posts

Re: Beware of Wayley's Dailies - Based out of Rockford, Ill USA

Thank you, Carolyn, for posting this information. I would like to know the ingredients in this seed mix. That is totally terrible for all bird lovers to lose a bird this way!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

This is just so sad that someone is selling something that is known to hurt birds. Thankfully we have a few really good bird stores here locally to get our food from. I really love the TOPS brand of bird food and they just came out with a new mini pellet that I am hoping our store here will have. Tikki loves tops and I sure know Boomer did too. Especially the Napoleon seed if I soaked it overnight for him. We also have local grocery stores here that sell lots of dehydrated organic fruits and even vegetables. You can also dehydrate your own things for the birds so you know it is for sure good for them. I am just so sad birds have gotten sick from eating this Wayley's brand of bird food.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Rachael
    Thanks

I am curious why there is no inspection if there are tons of complaints? Even if the owner seems to be "concerned" that does not mean they are. And even if so, then she just can't handle her business...

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael_B View Post
    I am curious why there is no inspection if there are tons of complaints? Even if the owner seems to be "concerned" that does not mean they are. And even if so, then she just can't handle her business...
    I agree. More complaints have been submitted since I started this post. It seems to me that these people are only in it for the money and not the welfare of our feathered friends.
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

The Better Business Bureau suspended the ratings for Wayley's Dayley's.. That is such "Good News" especially with all the negative reviews this company has received. I also learned that PayPal has processed the refunds to all the consumers who were victims of this woman's products.

Tiels:

Name
    Naples
    Thanks

"Wayley's Dailies" is a pure scam. I don't know why are they even allowed to do this kind of stuff.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naples View Post
    "Wayley's Dailies" is a pure scam. I don't know why are they even allowed to do this kind of stuff.
    This woman has been completely shut down. Her website is gone, however, all the complaints from the BBB and yelp are still available for people to read. My husband said that her facebook page has been closed. This woman should be charged with animal cruelty for harming these poor birds and fraud for misleading consumers about her product.

Tiels:

Name
    Naples
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pipers Mom View Post
    This woman has been completely shut down. Her website is gone, however, all the complaints from the BBB and yelp are still available for people to read. My husband said that her facebook page has been closed. This woman should be charged with animal cruelty for harming these poor birds and fraud for misleading consumers about her product.
    Thank goodness.