Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Misty found her wings again

Name
    MJ
    Thanks

Misty found her wings again

Our beloved Misty the Grey, has once again found her wings and feet and flown over the rainbow bridge. The last 2 years have been hard for her, she
    had a broken wing, then a broken leg, so was pretty crippled. She still liked a good scritch, and loved her millet.
    The last 4 months we had been battling a nasty infection. 3 rounds of anti biotics. Today I found her pressed between her food dish and the cage wall, still alive, but obviously stressed. with her disability, she had been unable to get herself unstuck. I got her out, and she was still in distress, so I rushed her over the hill to the vet clinic who has the only other avian Dr. Dr. Ako, unfortunately was out of the office until Friday. She was in my lap getting scritces the whole drive. The vet put us into a room, but she passed away in my hands before the dr. arrived.
    She knew she was loved all the way to the end, and at least she was in my hands when she went, peacefully.
    I'm not sure if I want to get another bird, it hurts too much when they pass.

Fly free again my beauty.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Misty found her wings again

I just posted in your other post you did in the cockatiel section and just found this post here. I truly am so sorry what you and her went through on her last day. How horrible that you found her stuck like that and then having her pass away in your hands before the vet even seen her. My heart breaks for you and your family and I am in tears reading your post here. I have never had enough strength to get another pet since losing Boomer and my last dog I had because both had chronic illnesses . They really do take something away from you when you lose them and leave a huge hole in your heart. It scares me to even bird sit Tikki my daughters bird because I worry he could get hurt or sick while she is away. When they struggle with health issues you seem to live in stress that they will get sicker, or it least I know I did. It is so hard on us people who take care of critically ill birds because they are just so fragile and need us. I felt a relief almost in the end because I knew Boomer no longer was in pain or in fear. I hope you can find peace in what happened to your sweet Misty. Hugs and love to you.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 1,296 Posts

Re: Misty found her wings again

Awww!!! I am so sorry, Misty has passed away. You and your family, being so caring and loving towards all your pets, took great care of Misty, and I know she flew to the Rainbow Bridge, feeling all of the love you and your family provided her through all the years. I am sending you hugs, MJ!! (((((((((())))))))))))))!!!

Fly high and free beautiful Misty!!! Over the rainbow bridge!!!