Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Help wanted from bird owners for a thesis project!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Daniella
    Thanks

Help wanted from bird owners for a thesis project!

Hello Everyone!
    I'm a student at the Swedish Agricultural University and I'm doing a survey about our pet birds bathing behaviour for my bachelor thesis in animal science. Not much information is currently available and hopefully my work can contribute to a greater understanding and widen the perspective to how birds bathe. For that I need all of your help! So I appreciate if you have some time to answer a few questions about your wonderful birds ^^. The survey is species specific so 1 answer per species, the reason for this is to be able to analyze the data and see if there exist any species preferences. Even if your birds aren't a fan of bathing or just don't bathe whatsoever your answers are valuable. Feel free to type out how you deal with your birds in any free space if no answers suits you. All bird species are welcome and needed!

I'll be putting this survey up on other sites as well but I appreciate it if you want to share this survey with other people for the maximum amount of answers.

Survey
    https://forms.gle/a5CYYPGFMGts3TZk9

This survey will accept answers till the end of Monday the 13th of April (Timezone GMT+1).

Thanks for your time and interest!
    Last edited by DSeva; 04-11-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 1,296 Posts

Re: Help wanted from bird owners for a thesis project!

Hi, Daniella, and from one proud, 100% Swedish gal, to another, welcome to the community. When I saw you were from Sweden, I had to do your survey. I have homed budgies and cockatiels for many years.

My grandparents immigrated from Smolan and Oskarsom, Sweden in the middle 1800s, to America. My mom's father, was 7 years old when tbey came to America. I was taught at a very young age about the Swedish traditions, and especially Christmas traditions. I love the foods, the Swedish Lutheran Church, the church music, and the meaning of being in a Swedish family.

My father was a farmer, my mother raised ducks, geese, chickens, and made butter, cream, and baked delicious Swedish Ryebread, and Swedish bullas(rolls). She was an awesome cook as well.

I wish for you huge success in your animal science career. And keep your Swedish traditions, and heritage close to your heart, like I have done my whole life. I am a grandma of 4 beautiful granddaughters, ages 31, 29, 17, and 16. I have taught them about Swedish traditions as well!

I have completed your survey. Good luck in your new career!!
    Last edited by maxollie; 04-11-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I just did your survey for you. Our bird here is my daughters GCC Tikki and that boy cannot keep himself out of water. If he hears the faucet running he is flying towards the water to hop into it. If we pour our self any kind of drink he will be right there trying to hop into the liquid. He is a bathing "freak"
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

I did your survey. Tango usually goes in the shower with my husband before he soaps up.. Cockatiels are very dusty birds, this helps control his dander. Good luck with your survey.
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Sorry I missed out on taking the survey. My cockatiels love to bathe in shallow dishes. My Yellow Naped Amazon bathes outdoors when it rains or when I turn on a hose with a gentle sprinkler head on the end. He puts his wings forward over his head like Dracula using his cape, LOL. My pet House Sparrows loved dust baths.
    I don't know if this information can help you, but, I tried. Good luck with your survey!
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018