Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Tyrion lovws food

Name
    MJ
    Thanks

Tyrion lovws food

Tyrion is 2 months old now, done with antibiotics, and gaining weight. YAY! His/her activity level is also much higher, and ive had to expand his play gym and add a bunch of toys. So far he at least tries everything ive given him food wise. Some only once, but many he will eat. Eggs, variety of greens stc. He gets very excited when its my dinner time, and he keeps trying to grab food out of my dish, and or mouth. If it's something that's ok for him, Ill give him his own piece, but most often it's a fight to be able to eat in peace.
    His flying is getting more controlled, he came to me with partially clipped wings, so he doesn't have full flight. But he jumps and flaps with much greater accuracy and distance now.
    He loves to snuggle up into a cupped hand for his naps, and has decided that head scratches are very nice. The baby chirps are still around, and I will miss those when he outgrows them, and the hissy fits have decreased somewhat, I will not miss those at all.
    Tyrion and the love bird have met, and they have decided that they do not like each other. Tyrion has defended his play gym from Bori quite well. But, Bori is most definitely the aggressor, and really wants both play gyms to be his.
    My daughter gave Tyrion a hammock in his cage. At first he totally ignored it, for days, but I saw this morning he was sitting in it. If TYrion is in fact a Hen, we will take it out so she doesn't get any nesting ideas.

Hope everyone is safe!
    MJ

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Tyrion lovws food

He sounds like a great people bird and I sorry he does not get along with Bori but I sure know what brats little lovebirds can be and do hope somehow they can become friends one day. We somewhat solved our food robberies here by just caving in and giving Boomer and now Tikki small plates of their own food when we eat. It keeps them busy for a little bit so you can eat without little birds wanting to hop onto your plate of food.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    MJ
    Thanks

Re: Tyrion lovws food

YAY! hissy fits seem to have gone away!!! we haven't had one on over a week. She stll baby chirps when we give head scritches though. Im leaning more to Tyrion being a female. She doesn't sing or posture like a male at this time. and her cheek patches aren't as vibrant an orange as I've seen males to be. Doesn't matter, the name can work male or female.