Okay, backstory time... My husband and I ended up rescuing a cinnamon green cheek conure from a VERY bad situation a couple of years ago. He was locked in a cage far too small, with one rusty toy, one perch that he had all but chewed through, overgrown beak and nails, filthy water, and only sunflower seeds to eat. He was five when we got him, and he didn't even have a name until I started calling him Meeko. Meeko, as one would understandably be, is very... nutty. It took us six months to get him to not be afraid of toys in his cage, and the dark. We trimmed his beak and nails (still doing so off and on as he's learning how to be a bird), and we have to clip his wings as he gets so scared he flies into the window and walls. He's on a proper diet of pellet food, some seeds, veggies, and fruits, and his colors have been improving as he is on the road to recovery. The only problem we have now is his.... confliction between wanting company and being terrified of humans. He screams and screams until you pay attention to him (which is good as we know he's calling for attention), but he will not accept just speaking to him. But, when we get close to his cage, he jumps away and clings to the wall, hyperventilating like we're going to chop him up or something. I would be understanding if he never became a good "sit on the shoulder" kind of parrot, and he loves to come out of the cage. But is terrified of us going to get him, and we don't want to stress him out further by chasing him around the room, as I believe that would kill off any trust we are trying so hard to build with him. If anyone has any ideas and tips on how to help me to tame him better, it would be most appreciated. Also for context, I work from home, so I have tons of time to devote to him. We also have two cockatiels (one hand tamed, the other one is blind and doesn't like being touched), and they all live in the same room in separate cages, and we have not had any problems with them interacting with one another (aside from forming mini screaming songs with each other but that's birdlife LOL). Thank you for your time.