Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budgie tail bobbing normal?

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Michele
    Thanks

Re: Budgie tail bobbing normal?

Prayers are working! Taking it one day at a time to give medicine a shot at working ! No crashing last night and sheís flying great this morning and eating her breakfast! Please keep her in your prayers! Still a long ways to go!!!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0TdT...Q2a1YWg#Corbin

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ZGH...BvEROeA#Corbin

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Michele
    Thanks

Still not out of the woods- was hoping two days on antibiotics would make a small difference but her breathing is still really heavy (and big tail bobbing) please keep her in your prayers- I know sheís just a bird and I havenít had her long but sheís already so important to me!! The humidifier comes today so hopefully that will help a bit too!! If she can make it through the next few days she can make it, but these next few days are critical!! 🙏🙏🙏

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0kSJ...3aG0JzNgfJd0Ug

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 1,310 Posts

Michelle, I am so sorry I missed your recent posts. I admire you so much for taking Harmony to the avian Vet such a long distance. I cannot access your photos, could be security on my device. I know how much you love her! And I did suggest a vet visit, but when you wrote about her, I really thought since she was new to you, and adjusting so well, eating, drinking, etc., you could wait for awhile. I sincerely apologize to you for not encouraging that visit more. Somehow, I think she had the beginning of illness when you first got her. I doubt she got it at your home.

I too will be praying for her full recovery. The meds should help, but it does take time. And also the humidifer. I have not been on the forum for a couple of days, so I just now found your posts.

I will check in everyday to see how she is doing. And continue my prayers for her. Please continue to post updates. ((((((Hugs))))) Ellen

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Michele
    Thanks

She is still not out of the woods but is doing better. Will have to work on our trust again after Iím done giving her two weeks of medicine- she doesnít like that, but she came out today and flew all around without crashing and ate some millet next to me on my bed, so Iím hopeful. Still praying daily! Hopefully I caught it in time- and yes, I believe she was sick when I got her- sheís always had that tail bob and heavy breathing. Fingers crossed and taking it a day at a time.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 1,310 Posts

That is great news. I feel positive about her progress. You will be able to gain her trust. I think in many ways they trust us more after they have been sick and gone through having to take the meds.

I am sure you have her cage covered, 3 sides with front side open in daytime, and at night, cover all four sides with just a few inches on the front open, and a night light close by her cage so she can have a light in the room.

It is often said that all budgies and other parrots hide their illnesses so well. And with her that sure was the case because the videos you posted of her loving and eating her seed sure did not indicate she had pneumonia, and her droppings did not either, in those few days, before you took her to the vet.

I am praying for her complete healing. We will watch for your updates.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Michele
    Thanks

Thank for the reply and keeping up with her progress! Sheís had five days of antibiotics and every day is another blessing. The room was pitch black at night for her to sleep but since she had trouble in the night crashing Iíve left the tv and a nightlight on and she sleeps really well on one of her swings all night now! She is in my room with me all the time. Excited in the morning when I bring her fresh veggies and fruits!!

Hereís some newer videos from today:

https://youtu.be/cO0kPEVEfG8

https://youtu.be/GKsmwNhQjp4