Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: It's another cookware Q

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

It's another cookware Q

hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Have been eyeing yup some new kitchen gadgets, and wanted to run them past you guys. Would you trust any of these around your fids?

Baking tray:
    https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73280/Lak...Swirl-Ring-Tin

Health Grill Thingy
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tower-Stain...kitchen&sr=1-3 (mentions about PTFE in the Q&A)

or https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gotham-Stee...24WDSGE7A2VR8H

thanks x

Thanks Lee for the adorable sig!

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,326 Posts

Re: It's another cookware Q

Hi, Helen!!! Welcome back! How are you and your birds doing? I am not a master of cookware, so will let someone else answer! Hope all is well with you and your family and you have escaped the covid virus! Happy to see you back here!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Hi Helen and Happy New Year!!
    I would love to have a virtual tour of your kitchen.. I love it when you post your gadget thingy's.... That retro microwave you posted was just so cute..
    Anyways, the only thing I would question is the grill. But the other two, I say GO FOR IT!!
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Hi, Helen!!! Welcome back! How are you and your birds doing? I am not a master of cookware, so will let someone else answer! Hope all is well with you and your family and you have escaped the covid virus! Happy to see you back here!
    Hey Max! We're all good thanks! Got locked down by my GP, and both WFH, but otherwise good thanks. Hope you all are too!

Sam's still Sammy - still a pickle, still picking, still in and out of collars. Still the definition of cute. Think he likes winter as he's sat on my shoulder snuggled down into my jumper. Blue is still his crazy messy self, and has added 'Wotcha doing, look at me, gorgeous boy, and Sammy be Good!' I'm still waiting for him to tell me to wash my hands!

I think they both miss Dad - as they go CRAZY whenever he calls

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

Ask me next year!
    I wish my kitchen was a cool as you think! It's actually one of my least favourite rooms in the house... for now. When we moved in, we deemed it 'liveable'. To be fair, it's fine. Just not the layout I would have picked, not the colours I would have picked, and definitely not the style lol. I keep having to go round with a screwdriver to tighten up all the old doors!

It would have been re-done last year, but you know... bloody covid. I'm planning a major renovation which will probably include moving the wall and turning it into a big, bright kitchen diner. With lots of yellow retro stuff I'll give you a tour then!

So you think the sandwich grill thing looks safe, and the cake tray is OK - but the Tower grill might be iffy?

(My hubby has got really into baking over lockdown - and it's nearly impossible to find a doughnut tray in UK that isn't silicone or PTFE nonsense!)

Hope you're all keep safe x

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,326 Posts

Thanks for the update Helen. So happy you all and Sammy and Blue are safe and well. We would love to see and hear from you often. The forum has downsized here because there is also one on Facebook now so many choose that one. But we old timers love this one so we use it instead. We will welcome your updates anytime! (((((((((Hugs))))). Max

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pixibubbles View Post
    Ask me next year!
    I wish my kitchen was a cool as you think! It's actually one of my least favourite rooms in the house... for now. When we moved in, we deemed it 'liveable'. To be fair, it's fine. Just not the layout I would have picked, not the colours I would have picked, and definitely not the style lol. I keep having to go round with a screwdriver to tighten up all the old doors!

It would have been re-done last year, but you know... bloody covid. I'm planning a major renovation which will probably include moving the wall and turning it into a big, bright kitchen diner. With lots of yellow retro stuff I'll give you a tour then!

So you think the sandwich grill thing looks safe, and the cake tray is OK - but the Tower grill might be iffy?

(My hubby has got really into baking over lockdown - and it's nearly impossible to find a doughnut tray in UK that isn't silicone or PTFE nonsense!)

Hope you're all keep safe x
    We painted our kitchen right after we moved into our home. It was a dingy brown and now it's blue. Much more brighter and the cooler color makes the room more calming. Now a retro yellow would cheer me up and make me want to cook more.

I am a little iffy about the tower due to the specifications were lacking on what materials that the unit was constructed with.

Happy to hear that Sammy and Blue are keeping you on your toes.. Are lives would be empty without our crazy fids..

So good to see you back on the forum.
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011