Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Hi

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Hi

Hi I have a male and female cockatiel who have mated on Friday and today Iím wondering if that means eggs are on my way

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 1,340 Posts

Re: Hi

Hi, and welcome! How old are your pair? Yes, if they are at least a year old, the female could lay eggs. If she does lay an egg, then go to pet shop and buy a cockatiel nest box. Put it in the cage, put the hen in the box, and the male will go into box and be with her.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Hi, and welcome! How old are your pair? Yes, if they are at least a year old, the female could lay eggs. If she does lay an egg, then go to pet shop and buy a cockatiel nest box. Put it in the cage, put the hen in the box, and the male will go into box and be with her.
    The female is a year and the male is 12 and they been chewing and shredding stuff the last few days and are starting to protect their nest and each other sand they been going in the box the last few days

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

The female is a year and the male is 12 and they been chewing and shredding stuff the last few days and are starting to protect their nest and each other sand they been going in the box the last few days

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 1,340 Posts

Yaaay! That is great! Keep us posted on their activities! I hope the hen lays eggs!